Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 with the radio/cassette/6CD unit which I need to get in at to remove a jammed CD (and to figure out why the tuner reception has crapped out). I've reviewed the thread on the Cadillac FAQ's site which indicates the cover plate comes off after removing the vent plate which is directly above. Before I chance breaking it, I'm hoping that someone could advise the best method of removing the vent cover (ie should I pull upwards from the bottom...use a flathead on the side...etc)
Thx in advance...
gw

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
As I remember, I dug my eight finger nails into the edge at the top and pulled. BTW, did you take out the ashtray and the lower parts first?

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,846 Posts
Good Tools for the Right Job

The only thing you want to use a flathead screwdriver for is removing screws. Invest in a trim removal tool kit from Eastwood.com. These nylon tools (some of which are angled like mini-prybars) are perfect for anyone who likes to work on their vehicles and has to remove the trim to do it. The kit is cheap and won't mar your plastic interior trim pieces. Mine have paid for themselves countless times.
CCC

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,820 Posts
Like Sammy Z said, I just used my finger nails on the upper part of the vents. Yes they are a little hard to pull out. As far as the climate control itself, below the radio. You must first remove the ash tray to get to that single 7 or 8 mm bolt. I forget which if any of those two are the right size. Then once that is off, use your finger nails again and put them under the right side, then the left side to pull the climate control out. It will be hard, but not as hard as the vents. At least mine wasn't.

KOT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts