Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Platinum and I often listen to music from a USB drive and occasionally, after I turn off the truck, come back later and turn it on again, I find that it has switched to FM.

Anyone else have this happen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Wow I am glad after all this time this happens to someone else, yes it happens to me and has in all my Escalade's since 2010, I do keep a 180 gig iPod connected to the usb always, while most of the time I listen to xm, get it free for life, I do also listen to my iPod. I never leave it in the iPod mode when I exit the truck, I switch back to xm, about once every other month I back out of the garage and it will go into, or start up in iPod mode. It's just the trucks way of letting you know who is in control, no just kidding, have no idea why it just happens

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I am glad after all this time this happens to someone else, yes it happens to me and has in all my Escalade's since 2010, I do keep a 180 gig iPod connected to the usb always, while most of the time I listen to xm, get it free for life, I do also listen to my iPod. I never leave it in the iPod mode when I exit the truck, I switch back to xm, about once every other month I back out of the garage and it will go into, or start up in iPod mode. It's just the trucks way of letting you know who is in control, no just kidding, have no idea why it just happens
Well it's good to know it's not just me! Happy trails and thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2011 Escalade Premium Edition
196 Posts
I've noticed the same thing with my iPhone's. Given that the USB connection can be flakey at times, I think it is a feature whereby the audio source defaults to FM when the USB device disconnects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts