Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CTS
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered, I'm new here and can't find a search feature.

Bought a 2007 CTS in November, which apparently came with XM for 3 months or something- I don't know, never used it.

The problem I'm having is when I cycle thru radio bands, two XM bands still show up and I don't want them to.

If it clarifies; If the radio is on, I can see the FM1 presets. I hit the band button on the steering wheel, FM1 switches to FM2, pressed again, AM1, again, AM2, again XM1, again XM2, again, FM1.

How do I get rid of those XM options?

TIA

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,806 Posts
The reason why the XM band still shows up, is because the radio itself is still plugged in. Whether you have a subscription or not.

I know you can unplug the XM radio and it'll go away. Or you could remove the fuse to it, which would be easier. But I don't know what fuse and if that fuse only covers the XM radio or other stuff too. I can find out later tonight.

KOT

·
Registered
2003 CTS Base and 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport Premium
550 Posts
KOT, do you know if it is possible to remove the XM module and wires from one 03-07 CTS that's equipped and place into one that didn't come equipped (base model)? I would like to do this mod.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L
67 Posts
hey there kc123, where a bouts are you located? I've been endlessly searching for the factory xm equipment so i can get it in my car. If you take yours out I will gladly buy it from you.

Just putting it out there lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts