Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So riddle me this....

Last night I needed to go get my jack from my brother's shop and what not so I can get a rim fixed tomorrow. I drive up with my fiance, stop the car and go inside to get my jack. Didn't even sit for like 2 minutes. Jump back in, start up the car and blah. I turn the radio on and it just sounds like fuzz coming from the back speakers. Nothing is coming from the front. Also there is no sound at all, like the blinkers when they are on were not "blinking", when I leave the lights on with the car off, it wasn't buzzing, when I backed up, no beeping, there was ZERO sounds. I kinda get all puzzled. So I turn off the radio, turn it back on, and still fuzz. Then I decide to stop the car, turn it off, and then restart, still nothing. SO I drive home in silence :( and then park it. Thinking great now I have to take it to the dealer... :( So this am I wake up and jump in to go to work, fire her up, and boom, everything works perfect. Anyone have any ideas?

Obviously not going back to the dealer since now it works fine, but was just wondering.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Gremlin: Imaginary creature that damages machinery: a tiny mischievous imaginary being that is blamed for faults in tools, machinery, and electronic equipment

·
Registered
Tuner car fanatic..there all good!
1,142 Posts
Good that it now works...maybe Nav related? Could there be a new service bulletin out on this?

What is really concerning is you can't take it to your Cadillac dealer. I know numerous folks here on th Form have indicated this same feeling about there dealerships and that's disappointing.

IMHO, GM has got to take inventory of those underperforming customer service lacking dealerships and deal with that quick. That would be a new and improved GM.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
The 1st-gen CTS was among the first to incorporate, for auxiliary functions, an OS based on a derivative of what used to be known as Windows CE. Sounds like some of it is still in there...

Seriously, when systems communicate across a shared data bus, bus initialization is vitally important. An automobile is a very challenging environment and I guess the complexity of the system combined with the environment produces a bastard that rears its ugly head every now and then.

About all I can suggest is to check all of your chassis grounds for any electrical resistance and/or wait for the inevitable software update...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
Not the same as your problem but one time I had no control over the radio volume from the steering wheel controls. Next day it worked.

·
Registered
05 SRX; 09 V
273 Posts
Dude-You answered your own question. You had your fiance in the car. The car was jealous and gave you the silent treatment! She was probably pushing buttons and changing the station and other things for which she obviously isn't qualified while you were inside and the car retaliated. Solved.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ha ha ha ha ha

In the software business we call that "an undocumented feature."
lol, thanks :)

Good that it now works...maybe Nav related? Could there be a new service bulletin out on this?

What is really concerning is you can't take it to your Cadillac dealer. I know numerous folks here on th Form have indicated this same feeling about there dealerships and that's disappointing.

IMHO, GM has got to take inventory of those underperforming customer service lacking dealerships and deal with that quick. That would be a new and improved GM.
No nav on my car. and I could take it to my GM dealer, the caddy dealer is an hr away in non rush hour traffic, 2-3 hrs in traffic. I have no issues with the GM dealer, but if they can't hear it, or see it they are pretty useless.... OK I did have to tell them I had a hole in my piston lol ;)

Not the same as your problem but one time I had no control over the radio volume from the steering wheel controls. Next day it worked.
yeah.... odd....

Dude-You answered your own question. You had your fiance in the car. The car was jealous and gave you the silent treatment! She was probably pushing buttons and changing the station and other things for which she obviously isn't qualified while you were inside and the car retaliated. Solved.
ha ha ha, good one, but she was actually with me getting the jack. Not the easiest to push a jack around a big shop on crutches and one leg. She is my "hauler" he he he ;)

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
13 Posts
".... You had your fiance in the car. The car was jealous and gave you the silent treatment! ..... "

I was thinking you blew out an ear-drum or two...but Christine makes sense.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
".... You had your fiance in the car. The car was jealous and gave you the silent treatment! ..... "

I was thinking you blew out an ear-drum or two...but Christine makes sense.
lol.

i actually didn't even have the radio loud when we were in the car. We were discussing wedding plans and what not.

·
Registered
13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)
662 Posts
#PIC5089: Radio And ICS Inop No Audio And Blank Screen (RPO U2R Or U2T) - (Feb 10, 2009) Possibly? Requires the latest software to fix it.

#08-08-44-031A: No Audio from Radio, Door Ajar Chime and Turn Signal Click Clack Inoperative During Key Cycle - Audio Returns After Vehicle is Turn Off for Several Minutes (Reprogram Audio Amplifier) - (Mar 24, 2009)

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah it sounds like the second one.

I'll look into that when I get back from my trip.... It sounded like an amp went out. but the this am it works just fine.

Thanks MR!!!:)

·
Registered
2013 OBM CTS-V Coupe
2,664 Posts
Sounds like the turn on lead to the amp did not energize for some reason. Maybe the software fix has something to do with that.

·
Banned
cts-v
11 Posts
my car has done almost same thing ive only had it for a few weeks its an 09....when u start the car everything in the center of the dash is inopratable no control over the ac nav radio or the onstar its like its not even getting power the passenger airbag indicator dosent even light up...... nothing even lights up except everything behind the wheel...its like when u hit the remote start on the car .....the ac blower comes on but nothin lights up......u have to disconnect the battery for a few to reset it.....then everything works fine

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
One thing you might check is the button on the far right of the steering wheel. If this button is inadvertantly pushed just briefly, it cuts off the radio. Push it again and the radio comes back on. I have had this happen a number of times.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan
1,729 Posts
One thing you might check is the button on the far right of the steering wheel. If this button is inadvertantly pushed just briefly, it cuts off the radio. Push it again and the radio comes back on. I have had this happen a number of times.
That button is supposed to do that. It's the mute button for the radio.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V, 2007 Z06
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it was probably the amp lead did not energize, since it sounded like fuzz and what not. It works fine now so no worries.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts