Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 V
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im drivin and i get a check coolent level warning on the navi. i get out and coolant is slowly leaking, i lift the car up and all the hoses look fine and then i see the coolant on the plastic pan under the radiator. im gonna try and get one tomo and from the looks of it, it seems like an easy fix, any advice?

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
04 & 05 had problems with rads developing small cracks and leaking.... i had mine replaced under warranty no questions asked... where in jersey are you? do you still have warranty?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
Had mine replaced under warranty as well. Better take her to the steelership

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
If you have to replace it yourself it is about as hard as popping the hood.

I don't recall the specific problem with the radiators or where it is they leak from. Anyone know? What is the possibility of repair over replacement?

·
Registered
04 V
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im from union county SoJerseyV and no, warranty is gone. well i got the radiator this morning so im just gonna swap it later on today. i didnt take it out yet but from the looks of it, it seems like the leak is coming from the bottom right corner where the clip is

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
yes the cracks developed by the bottom corners where the sides of rad all meet... to much pressure i guess

1 - 7 of 7 Posts