Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS V 1968 Fleetwood 60S
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of the information on this board, plus the copies of the service bulletins in the FAQ section, I was able to march right into Germain Cadillac in Columbus, Ohio and get my radiator replaced in about 24 hours.
Kudos to Germain for their professional repair shop and to the many members of this forum that provide so much helpful information. I presented the service bulletin and a few radiator oriented posts and they just scheduled the
replacement, no questions, no excuses, no "wait and see".
I really hope that this is it for problems......and BTW, I had an 06 DTS as a loaner car and it was very nice.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
I did the same thing on my 04 and they gave a 06 DTS. Nice car but after driving a V, it was a let down. Hell, I'm so used to have a clutch that I stomp the brake once, goo thing no one seen that (i hope not)But you have to keep your repeat customers happy so they made the DTS for them. The bad thing was that they had a White 06 STS but someone else had it.
Bentley Cadillac-Saab:thumbsup:

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
I have had to add a little fluid in my radiator over the last 6months.My dealer pressure tested it and said it was ok my maggie must be evaporating some fluid=Boneheads.When you lose a cup a month are you really going to see the leak?NO! hopefully it will get worse before it gets off warranty.

·
Registered
2004 CTS V 1968 Fleetwood 60S
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't take no for an answer, if you have an 04 V and the vin number
is before or includes 50193910, you have bad radiator.

Mine started out as you just described and I could not even see the
leak for some time, because it was so slight. I made things worse by
adding the wrong coolant, which the service writer said was not
a problem after 30K miles.

Hmmm?

I love this car but it is a bit like a beautiful whore.

Best of luck to you

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
rp64ctsv said:
I have had to add a little fluid in my radiator over the last 6months.My dealer pressure tested it and said it was ok my maggie must be evaporating some fluid=Boneheads.When you lose a cup a month are you really going to see the leak?NO! hopefully it will get worse before it gets off warranty.

Take off the plastic drip pan and see if it has coolant on it. When I had my radiator replaced they also pressure tested my car, no problem was found. The drip pan was always covered with coolant, so I made them replace the radiator.

David - Glad you go the radiator replaced. This forum and it's members have been a big help.

GT

GT

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
15 Posts
I have the same issue, only my car is out of warranty and it has 43k on it. Any leads on places to find a new radiator? I can probably do the work myself

·
Registered
04 V Raven
1,384 Posts
The one in mine went and dealer quoted me $850 and 3 days. My normal shop got me out the door for under $800 same day. That included new hoses and belt plus a 12/12k warranty.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)
1,667 Posts
I have the same issue, only my car is out of warranty and it has 43k on it. Any leads on places to find a new radiator? I can probably do the work myself
50k warranty on 04's & 05's, just had mine replaced under warranty with over 47k miles on my '05. Is yours out because of the date?

·
Registered
05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali
276 Posts
For what it's worth on a 3 year old thread that seems so have been revived from the depths ?!
I have an 05 V, radiator replaced under warranty about a year ago. Last Saturday the low coolant indicator popped up, so I drove it into the dealer, thinking I seriously cannot have another radiator issue, can I?
Turns out TSB #PIP3018A (according to my paperwork) was performed "Cylinder head cup plug coolant leak", applies to a couple of engines, including LS6 & LS1. Cause reads: Seeping....Cylinder head gasket replacement left bank was performed.
No leaks, no coolant indicator, it seems to have fixed the issue.
I thought I'd pass along since I already had my radiator replaced under warranty, but this latest issue was solved by this TSB.
Thanks,
G

1 - 12 of 12 Posts