Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a "check coolant level" indicator on my dash and turns out my radiator has a leak. Does any one know how much I should pay for a new radiator + installation? Is it hard to do it yourself? (I have basic skills; changing brakes, rotors, belts) Is it possible to just patch it up?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katshot said:
It's an easy swap and depending on the age of the rad, I'd probably suggest to do a "complete" unit swap rather than rebuild yours.
Thanks for the response. Your the second person that told me that so I decided to try it myself. I am trying to take out the radiator but I am stuck now. I disconnected all the hoses and I had to remove the air intake, and the battery for accessibility. I also took out the hood latch mechanism. So how do I remove the radiator? It seems to be stuck between the fans and the engine mounts (I think thats what they are) and the screen (radiator looking thing in front of the radiator). Everything is loose but there is no way to actually remove it. Can you pleeeeeese tell me what I am doing wrong? I invested so much time so far I would hate to have to put everything back in and take it to a mechanic. Thanks in advance for any help!!

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
You need to take the fan out, you need to remove all the lower radiator mounting bolts, You need to take your headlights off. Taking the hood off may be good. Take the bottom of the bumper cover off, I would've taken it to a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
RBraczyk