Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a cadillac 1995 DevVille and was wonder how you check the radiator fluid, when the resevoir is an opaque black, other than shining a light into the reservoir and taking a peek at the fluid level. Any suggestions would be of great help.

-Nick

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Well, you can let it cool down and open up the radiator cap.... if its not to the top, its too low.....

Take a look in the manual, maybe somewhere it says where/how to check the fluid level........

Also, welcome aboard!!! And thanks for signing up :wave:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yeah, just take off the radiator cap and see where the fluid level is. It should be at the top, if not add some... BUT MAKE SURE YOU LET THE CAR COOL DOWN!!!!!!!! DO NOT TAKE OFF THE RADIATOR CAP IF IT'S HOT! I did that once, my radiator cap doesn' get hot so i took it off but my engine was hot and it shot out everywhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it doesn't have a radiator cap, only a reservoir, but I guess I can just do it w/ a flashlight and the good old eyball.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It should have a filler cap somewhere...... You dont fill the cooling system from the resovoir!!! I cant say exactly where it is, but its there!!!

Let the car cool down definitely...... About 20 mins with the hood open should be fine!

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
some cars dont have rad caps on the radiator ,but have one on a surge tank, but i forget the name of that type of system and gm uses it alot . wouldnt be surprised if his deville had it , id say just a flashlight and a eyeball , or maybe it has a sensor and lamp for the radiator fluid level

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Stoneage_Caddy