Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Deville DTS. The Compressor clutch is engaging when the switch is activated, but the radiator coolant fans are not coming on. Any ideas? I replaced all of the relays in the fuse panel with know working ones. Could a faulty pressure sensor be the culprit?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,886 Posts
Welcome Aboard !!!

Did you check the maxi-fuses in the underhood box? Do the fans go to SLOW at 224 degrees with no HVAC function set - HVAC OFF.

Fan control circuit-2000+.gif

The tick marks correspond to yours also -

Temp gauge - my numbers.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I drove the car in 90 degree temperatures for two hours yesterday and didn't hear or see the fans come on. I did not check the gauges though. I did check all fuses in the under hood fuse block and none are faulty. I used a multi meter and checked for 12 volts on both sides. I will check with a test light this morning. The 87 year old owner and his girlfriend arrive in about 6 hours. I hope it is fixed by then. They are driving into higher temperatures later this afternoon. Might have to get them a rental car.....
By the way, I put an A/C gauge on it and saw about 50psi on the low side when the engine is running. It was 90 degrees ambient at that time.
Thanks for the prompt assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the latest....After testing all the relays, reseating the relays, cleaning ground connections AND adding refrigerant, both fans came on low speed.
NOTE: Checking the refrigerant pressure when the car is running and with A/C set to on showed 24 psi. After adding enough to get to 35 psi, the car cooled right down.
When we get the car back we'll evacuate and put in the proper charge.
ALSO the actuator door does not allow the drivers side to cool. Getting very cold on the passenger side though.
Have to add that to the list.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts