Which color is the best?

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radiant Silver or White Diamond? Thats what I am down to. My two favorite colors. Any suggestions? I could buy one within the week. Everything is a go except picking the right color. :stirpot:

·
Registered
'14 Wagon
301 Posts
I like silver, but radiant, not so much.
White is tight and makes you feel right.

Jeff-

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Didn't you know silver is the fastest color? :)

Silver also doesn't look as bad when it's dirty.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2009 White Diamond, 996TT Silver, G35 Coupe 6mt, M45S
413 Posts
I have a white diamond and i'm very happy with it. I have been thinking of replacing the tail lights with the european clear tailights.
Paint is very strong, i haven't had a chip yet in 3 months.

·
Registered
Cadillac
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like White Diamond has a slight edge. I've actually been trying to buy one here. One of my local dealers has had a White Diamond that I want since mid-December! And they still wont give it to me at GMS. What kind of dealer holds a car on their lot for 4 months and counting.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto
144 Posts
White diamond is a special 3 coat/mix application process and according to my "paint expert" who does show cars almost impossible to match in a accident situation. This certainly influenced my decision to go with the silver which i was not sold on originally but have grown to love

·
Registered
none...yet
370 Posts
I looked at a new CTS-V in Radiant Silver last week at a Bay Area dealership. 'Yuck', sad to say (and I like a good silver paintjob on autos). I was hoping to react otherwise. The color just seemed dull, lifeless, and kinda cheep looking with no depth whatsoever- kinda reminded me of a plastic model with the color cast into the plastic itself. Mayber there are others that look better- I hope so. Some of the member's RS V's look far better in pics than what I saw in real life.

I haven't seen the CTS-C wrapped in white diamond, but I did see the color on another Caddy- nice...well, better than the silver in my view, anyway.

chopmeat- love that color. Very nice!

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
I just looked at a silver fully optioned CTS-V last night and the silver just didn't have a luster or gloss to it, and I also like silver, currently owning a '02 CC5 ZO6 in silver. Going to have to be white for me. However, Thunder Grey is starting to grow on me though. Hate to suggest copying another manufacturer's color hue but it would look better if it was more Merc silver, such as their brilliant silver.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto
144 Posts
Funny you guys saying that about the silver- before my dealer got my radiant silver from another dealer with recaros a non-recaro was on the lot dirty of course- my salesman and i looked at it with the SAME comments- dull, no depth. They got "my" silver car in and i swear its a different paint job with respect to depth of the clear coat- looks fantastic and gets great compliments. I know the paint can run hot and cold on these cars- they had a white diamond with clear coat defects

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
999 Posts
I haven't seen a Radiant Silver CTS-V yet, but the color looks lifeless and flat compared to the Light Platinum of my ex '08 CTS when compared to an '09 CTS. The '08 really looked like molten platinum, with a shimmer and depth that were mesmerizing. Radiant was more uniform, but far less interesting. Be careful with the White Diamond though; a loaner had a few minor scratches and pits touched up, and the touch-ups didn't match well at all.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I personally would rather U get WHITE DIAMOND... I have the R Silver and would like to keep the color as rare as possible... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts