Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado, 2002 Escalade
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
listed for a rack and pinion is two somewhat different GM numbers for a 2000 eldorado. One is GM #26077019 for a "Y" vin car and the other is #260077019 for a # 9 car. Anyone know what the different is between both models? Looking at a diagram both use the same picture? What gives on the difference? I realized I bought a "Y" instead of a #9 since my vin had a Y and a 9 and did not know which one was what. Now I need the 9 one now. (Did not buy it at the dealer, but a brand newDelco GM gear box and cannot return it.) Any help on if it matters? I live in Arizona.

Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Fastfred said:
listed for a rack and pinion is two somewhat different GM numbers for a 2000 eldorado. One is GM #26077019 for a "Y" vin car and the other is #260077019 for a # 9 car. Anyone know what the different is between both models? Looking at a diagram both use the same picture? What gives on the difference? I realized I bought a "Y" instead of a #9 since my vin had a Y and a 9 and did not know which one was what. Now I need the 9 one now. (Did not buy it at the dealer, but a brand newDelco GM gear box and cannot return it.) Any help on if it matters? I live in Arizona.

Thanks,
Fred
Magnasteer version & its interaction with the PCM software. Hopefully ewill3rd will chime in. He will know for sure.

·
Registered
2010 Black Cherry CTS AWD
263 Posts
The "Y" is for the N* with 275 HP and the "9" is for the N* with 300 HP. For the Sevilles, the SLS is "Y" and the STS is "9" and for the Eldos, ETC is the "9" and the other is the "Y". Good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The major difference between the "Y" and the "9" ring and pinion is that the "Y" version in the SLS and ESC has a ratio of 3.11, while the "9" version is a 3.70 gear. According to other posts here each is coded in the PCM for proper speedometer and shift behavior.

·
Registered
2000 Eldorado, 2002 Escalade
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are great! Thanks for all the help you guys offered. Im going to have to hunt down a "9" rack and pinion now. Anyone needs a "Y" gear box?

Fred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts