Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i was on my way to work yesterday and a red jeep comes up behind pretty fast and i was already speeding but i don't know how fast cuz my speedometer doesn't work and then i realized its a friend from my high school i went to so i nailed it and passed this car he does the same thing we must have been going around 90 at this time then i pass another car and then i just push it to the floor and my tach is not going any higher at 4200 and the jeep is slowly losing ground on me. i pull over and so does he and i asked him how fast he was going and he said around 110 cuz his speedometer only went to 100 so apparently my eldorado can go pretty fast even though its not in the best shape. :D i was happy with the performance of the old caddy

·
Registered
98 Posts
CaddyCrisis said:
Alright i was on my way to work yesterday and a red jeep comes up behind pretty fast and i was already speeding but i don't know how fast cuz my speedometer doesn't work and then i realized its a friend from my high school i went to so i nailed it and passed this car he does the same thing we must have been going around 90 at this time then i pass another car and then i just push it to the floor and my tach is not going any higher at 4200 and the jeep is slowly losing ground on me. i pull over and so does he and i asked him how fast he was going and he said around 110 cuz his speedometer only went to 100 so apparently my eldorado can go pretty fast even though its not in the best shape. :D i was happy with the performance of the old caddy
wow, a jeep. I bet if your car was tight you'd wail'm

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
yeah that Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited runs like high 15's in the 1/4 mile. And that 5.7 hemi is quick too, and even the 318 Grand Cherokee is kinda quick. What kind of Jeep was it?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
oh yeah, thats a pretty respectable kill if it has the 5.2 (318) 220hp V8. It's even easier if it has the 4.0 I-6. A very torquey and reliable motor that is none too fast in the Grand Cherokees. My friend's dad has an '01 GC with the 235hp SOHC 4.7 V8, wow that may be quicker than my 4.9 deville. It's very similar performance wise

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
yeah 190hp & 225 lb/ft pretty close specs to your 4.5

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
I've seen a 91 Park Avenue take down a 4.7L Grand Cherokee. Those things are heavy.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of my friends used to have the 5.9 limited and he beat an 02 mustang a couple of times but lost to a bonneville SSEI.

·
Registered
1997 Eldorado, 2003 Audi RS6
1,320 Posts
No, the V8 ZJ would KILL you even stock. You would beat the 4.0 inline 6 but not by a lot. I would put his nose at your door at 60. Their 0-60 times are a reliable 7.5 to 7.7 for the 5.2 and about 9.5 for the inline 6.

My 1993 green 5.2 Limited Quadratrac has a bit of tweaking done to it and with 4 people beat my friend's 1997 SLS with two in it. (SLS started to creep up at 60 but Jeep was still ahead by over 10'.) Repeatable and reliable 6.8 ([email protected]) with off road 31" tires, with street tires about 6.4 ([email protected]). It's all in the launch on the ZJ. Build up the trans a bit, 3/4 throttle brake torque, you will NOT be beaten off the line by anything short of a 3000GT VR4 with 5 grand clutch drop. Even stock.

K/N FIPK, Mopar single chamber exhaust (sets off car alarms in parking garages with a quick rev to 2000), Mopar programmable high performance computer, intake mainfold swap with Dodge R/T 5.9 (made possible because the K/N's profile is lower at the top)

The whole goal of this was to beat the 1998 5.9 Limited ZJ. I think it's doing pretty well for 166,000 miles. It's also just as fast in the wet as it is in the dry.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Zorb750 said:
No, the V8 ZJ would KILL you even stock. You would beat the 4.0 inline 6 but not by a lot. I would put his nose at your door at 60. Their 0-60 times are a reliable 7.5 to 7.7 for the 5.2 and about 9.5 for the inline 6.
According to the October 1997 issue of Car and Driver, a 98 GC 5.9 Limited does 0-60 in 7 seconds flat, and runs the 1/4 in 15.5 at 86 MPH. Thats 250hp and 360lb/ft IIRC, the 5.2 has 220hp and 300 lb/ft IIRC. So I guess that's plausible. Any ideas on a '01 GC Limited with the 4.7?

·
Registered
97 deville
562 Posts
CaddyCrisis said:
punctuation. PLEASE!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts