Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THe stang looked nice. It had exhaust work done to it fromw hat i can tell, no idea about anyhting else.

I was going home from the Berlin Turnpike (the pike) and headding toward I-691. He was near me for about 5 miles on the pike and i was hoping he would go the same way I was.

Luck has it he was. He turned onto I-691 and gunned it, I turnned and saw this (already behind cus he got the jump and turned before me) I nailled the throttle and quckly came up on his rear so i had to let off so I didnt slam into him (he was still at WOT)

I get on the highway, he moves over one lane to merge, no one coming, I dart over to the far left lane and nail it. All the time he was going at WOT and I was going on an off as I moved around him.

I darted by him like he was standing still only to look at him and see the "what the f**k was that" look on his face. I slowed down to 55 so he can cath up so we could go again. He got the jump and was out by about 2 cars, so i nail it again and wlaked right by him to 105 MPH where I shut down. after that he tried it again, this time from 85. I nail it, it only shifts down to 3rd so i had no balls, but still wlaked him. After that he stayed behind me and didnt try again until he flew by me when i wasnt expecting it. I get in his lane and nail it and was on his ass like toilet paper.

I got back in front of him and he didnt try anyhting more for the 20 or so miles he was behind me on the way home. I have no idea who the kid was, but I wanna find him this summer.

I had my friend in the car with me and he was very impressed with my car, esspecially after I let him be the DD last friday and he almost had his arms ripped off by the torque steer.

It was a good race though, and to make it better, the kid had his GF in the car with him :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Congrats Jay!
An ultimate kill ('cause of the GF) ;)
Those Cars are not powerhouses by any stretch stock but can be heavily modified and VERY fast. That's the problem with racing older cars, you NEVER can be sure what's in them. The one thing they have going for them is a real nice top-end. Your limited top-end would've lost sight of him LONG before he reached his.
Regardless, I know you were happy as hell and full of adrenalin ;)

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
NNNNNNNIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE!!!!

The GF part is the best..... I just hope that you were safe and didnt endanger anyone else (we have already gone through this with AIRJIGGA25's thread about the cutlass supreme)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope... i dont race where there is danger. closest car was almost 1/2 a mile up the highway, and me and my friend willingly do this all the time. I know better.:)

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
yeah, stock the Fox bodies, with a good driver and a stick would run high 14's..... but with even $2k you could make them into one crazy car..... lotta hp and still run on pump gas

they are the ultimate rice killer (just to show 600hp from a V8 can still run on pump gas, while 300hp from their 4buzzer requires special gas etc..)

Good race though!

·
Registered
95 Eldorado ETC
113 Posts
Well I was running abot 350 Flywheel hp on 91 octane perfectly fine in my 99' Eclipse. It all depends on you setup, knew a guy with a 500hp DSM on pump gas. Tunning is the key.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Infamous Lac said:
Well I was running abot 350 Flywheel hp on 91 octane perfectly fine in my 99' Eclipse. It all depends on you setup, knew a guy with a 500hp DSM on pump gas. Tunning is the key.

:histeric: :rofl: :histeric:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey i am new to the forum and just want to congrat you on the kill. i actually own a mustang although it is not a fox body. it is a 97 gt convert. i got supercharged and the whole bit. pushing about 500 hp at the crank and its on pump gas.

i am new to caddys. i am actually in the market for an escalade. what is the horsepower for your eldorado? and is it easy to modify them?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Hey, welcome aboard ICE!!! Its not every day you get a previous mustang guy to come to cadillac......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts