Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night was my first real race in the caddy. I raced my friends dodge dart 340. He spun badly off the line and i was ahead. He got traction and started to catch up quickly. But i was in my peak power and once he did. I started with a 1/2 car lead and he ended up about 1/2 car up. So it wasnt that bad. I was actually surprised.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
As is usually the case in a short race, the hole-shot takes the race. Good one, you gave him something to think about.
BTW, was his car a stick?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummmm... haha.. i dont know. Ive know the kid for 3 years (he is only 21) and i have no idea if its a stick or auto. I know its loud and his passenger said that he spun the first 30 ft.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
LOL, you're losing it Kev, even you wouldnt compare 2 completely different cars. Also reread the initial post it would seem that if im reading it right the caddy lost by a half car length

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You gotta love his determination here! Like a Pit Bull, He get's his big 'ol jaw locked around it and he just won't let go! LOL! LOL!

·
Registered
2 Posts
your talking about Pete's 340 dart right?

its an automatic with 3.73s on it im pretty sure. He shifts it manually though with the valvebody he has on it.

It should run low 13s, if not 12s with street tires. Traction is availible with slickies.

Hey you wanna put that ETC up against the TGP some night?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan, where the hell did you come from? its me, Jay (tbirdfive0) lol... ill race you this summer...

only reason on hung with pete is cus he had zero traction. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
AKPsiMC03 said:
Dan, where the hell did you come from? its me, Jay (tbirdfive0) lol... ill race you this summer...

only reason on hung with pete is cus he had zero traction. lol
ive always had a space in my heart and my driveway for caddys. economics for now force me to drive a car that is both my racecar and daily driver. :banghead: When the day comes that I can have a dedicated racecar, then there will be a caddy to handle the commute and grociery runs:cool:

Or i can drive a caddy for both;)

Anywho, pete's car is pure animal now. Hope to have my tranny sorted out for dragday so I can travel down with him. You think your gonna go?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dunno.... i dont have the money for it right now. If i do by then I will go. I want to go and see what my caddy runs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts