Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 cadillac deville, 4.9 touring. drives fine, no vibrations. i speed up to say 60 miles and hour, goes fine, when i let my foot off of the gas i can hear a very faint hum when i get to 45 mph or close to...im deaf in one ear so its hard to pin point where its coming from. tires are fine, not enough tread on them to have that kind of road noise. i thought maybe the cv axle???? description again, not loud at all, very lov humming. never done it before and ive had the car for almost 2 and a half years now. your help will be appreciated, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,556 Posts
Do some S turns like a NASCAR driver warming his tires. If the noise comes and goes it's a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Do some S turns like a NASCAR driver warming his tires. If the noise comes and goes it's a wheel bearing.
anf if it doesnt make the noise during the S turns, what else might it be? and how fast do i need to be going inorder to do so?

·
Registered
Cadillac
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
added info, i jacked my vehicle up and shook the tires...no play what so ever...maybe this helps.

·
Registered
95 DeVille
35 Posts
my 95 started with a low hum when a bearing was going, it doesn't get loud 'til it's dangerous. 95 is a one piece unit, hub/bearing assembly. Was actually pretty easy, but I've had my brakes and drive axles off before. Had somewhat of a clue when i tore into it.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts