Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
04' Blown CTS-V 554rwhp 497rwtq
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first off I apologize for not searching as I am usually the one to whine about previously answered topics but I am in a hurry and wanna be spoon fed! :)

Do the 02-06 stock CTS radios have XM? Meaning if I switch "bands" on one of these radios while hooked up in my V is it going to "see" the XM? I am starting a carputer project and will be hacking up a stock cts radio to add a touch screen carputer but maintaining the LCD DIC. Will I need an aftermarket XM receiver or can I still utilize the stock radio's?

Do I need to be on the lookout for specific models of radios?

What I am thinking will go on is that if I have the XM module (I do) then the radio will detect it and display that under "bands". The reason I say that is because periodically the V guys loose communication with the stock XM module and a simple restart of the key fixes it. Correct thinking?

Thanks for any help or insight you guys provide!

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
I think...think...that if the radio you get had xm it will auto pick up your xm module, if not it has to be programmed with a tech 2 to know that it has xm available to it.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think...think...that if the radio you get had xm it will auto pick up your xm module, if not it has to be programmed with a tech 2 to know that it has xm available to it.
Hmmm Interesting, thanks. That is fine actually because I will need a dealer to unlock the security portion with a techII anyhow.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,858 Posts
Just make sure the radio that you get is a second half 04 or later. As earlier didn't have XM radio as an option. So even with a techii, which you know you need, may not even be able to pick up a program for XM detect.

KOT

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just make sure the radio that you get is a second half 04 or later. As earlier didn't have XM radio as an option. So even with a techii, which you know you need, may not even be able to pick up a program for XM detect.

KOT
:yeah:

Blown CTS-V as in Maggied?
Awesome advice guys! Boy am I glad I asked before I just ordered one.

And yes, an MP 122HH. Bigger than the 112 "kit" that is commonly bolted on the V's and more efficient. Haven't been to the dyno yet but I should be around 530rwhp...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Got a build thread up? I'm interested in getting a V soon, seeing as how my CTS is paid off and I'll be needing another car soon. I was looking at the magnacharger systems and I saw how easy they were to bolt on (1 weekend of work, basically).

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
Awesome advice guys! Boy am I glad I asked before I just ordered one.

And yes, an MP 122HH. Bigger than the 112 "kit" that is commonly bolted on the V's and more efficient. Haven't been to the dyno yet but I should be around 530rwhp...
vids, sound clip, and/or autoerotica (pictures)... ahem

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a build thread up? I'm interested in getting a V soon, seeing as how my CTS is paid off and I'll be needing another car soon. I was looking at the magnacharger systems and I saw how easy they were to bolt on (1 weekend of work, basically).
Mind you this is the 122 so the few "tweaks" I had to do don't apply to the 112 kit.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/212714-magnuson-mp122-installed-my-04-ls6.html

vids, sound clip, and/or autoerotica (pictures)... ahem
:) These were before I dropped pulley size and re-tuned.

Thanks for your guys help on the radio issue again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts