Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone...anyone here buy an escalade from goldcoast cadillac in new jersey?..if so,what kind of deal did u get?.im about to trade in my 04 for an 08 but im not sure if i should deal with goldcoast anymore...i have given them over $400,000 in car and truck sales and i feel as if i get no deal with them at all...i personally would be getting my 4th escalade from them....ive sent family members and friends there as well...i saw some of the prices paid for 07's on here and i feel like im being robbed...i figured by now i should be able to get a decent deal on vehicles from them due to loyalty and the business i have given them..what should i do??..any opinions would be greatly appreciated...by the way..sorry if this post does not belong here...just figured it would get viewed the most here...thanks in advance...rob

·
Registered
07 ESV
82 Posts
Hi Rob,

You have to take into consideration that a lot of people will say they paid X amount to make others feel like they got screwed. With that said I'm sure you can get a good deal on your 08 purchase and an even better deal on the 07 if they still have them in stock. I've read many comments here regarding what they got their Escalades for and I guarantee you that 75% are bogus numbers. I wish you lots of luck with your new Escalade, put on your patience cap and work the dealer as they will work with you.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I buy a lot of new cars and trucks, we get all our Caddy's, Chevy's, Jeeps and Ford's at invoice plus $200.00, always, but I have purchased now over 30 cars/SUV's from the same dealer. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Guys, you have to remember that they are in te business making money. Just because you buy cars regularly from them doesn't mean that they will give them away. You hace set the marker by the money you have shown, multiple purchases and going back to them. Yes you are loyal by going back, they make money from you. Look at it this way. I go to the same supermarket nearly 3 times a week. They make ton's of money from me, I never get a discount because I'm there, the checkers even know me by name.
Same as car dealers, how often are you there to buy? When you go in, arm yourself with information and negotiate for the best price, depending on your skills and knowledge you'll gey your best price, not everyone will get the same numbers. Do some price comparisons, visit a couple of dealerships, make a relationship with one sales person, and don't be in a hurry to buy. Once they see you are in a "now mode" they will hit you with a solid number and not budge much.
Think of it that way.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
The supermarket is a little different than buying a car, most supermarkets make pennies on many items, I know thins because my cousin owns 8 of them, and most supermarkets have weekly sales, many car dealerships only have sales at the end of the year. Also car dealer get a thing called a holdbacks, that is between 1k to 2k a car, they make that on top of what they make selling you the car, that is why they can afford those nice big dealerships. We know the car dealerships are here to make money, but fair is fair. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies...i understand everybodies point...what i still do not understand is..why would a customer stay loyal to a single dealership?..its not because you like their faces....the whole point..to me anyway..of staying with the same dealerhsip is so you can get better deals than the average joe who walks through the door for the first time...dont get me wrong here,im not sayin i want them to give me anything for free, just a decent deal...whats the point of being loyal and giving them business if you get the same deal everywhere else?..maybe im expecting too much?...lol...who knows...rob

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I call tell you loyalty means something, take what happened to me with my second 07' Escalade that blew up in my garage, after GM contacted me the first time and told me they were fixing my Escalade (putting in a new crate motor) I called my dealership and told them that was nice they were putting a new engine in my new truck, but I do not want the truck back, they ask me what I wanted them to do, I told them I want a new truck, I am not paying anymore money due to the fact the truck had 897 miles on it, two days later GM called and told me they are ordering a new truck from the factory today, it will be at the dealer within 3 weeks, 16 days later I had a new truck. Would I have got a new truck without the dealership help, probably, but I would also had a big lawyer bill as well. Now I know not many if any people purchase 30 cars/trucks from one dealership over 20 years, but these people work to keep my business, sure I go to other Caddy dealers first, but none of them have ever met the price I get from my dealership, although Scott our supporting dealer has offered, but I plan to stay with them as long as they keep their good prices and service they give me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is the type of loyalty i am talking about...i have given them 11 sales in the past 6 years...i just dont know what to do..im actually insulted..i sat down with my dealer 2 weeks ago and when he gave me the numbers on the 08 i almost laughed..everytime i sit with him i remind him of all the sales ive given them over the past 6 years...hes says they are aware of it and they will do right by me..but when the numbers start flying i feel disgusted..now mind you..i live in brooklyn,ny..so i drive 65 or so miles to them..i think thats pretty loyal on my behalf...what dealerships do you guys use?..if you dont mind me asking..maybe i can start a new relationship with a new dealer that actually gives a crap..dont get me wrong, im not bashing goldcoast at all...they did say they would pick up 4 payments if i wanted to get out of my lease early....not sure if thats good or bad...maybe its the particular salesman i use??.. rob

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
A few things, for some reasons some dealerships do not give good deals at the start of the model year, I never understood that, but one dealer local to me works that way. I would go shop around and get your best price, go back to the dealership, get the owner involved if that's what it takes, show them what prices you got, remind them of your past business, some dealers seem to forget that, and see what they do, if they don't give you a better price they really didn't want your business and it's time to move on

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats sounds about right..now all i have to do is find a few dealers..possibly closer to home...thansk for all the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts