Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Brougham
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my grill emblem fell off a few months ago, was winter time, so it got put in the trunk, until now.

Its summer, everything is good, fixing up a few minor issues, namely the windshield washer pump decided to fail. The drivers door button rod assembly kept falling apart from the outside door latch, which is such a pain, cant open the door from the outside, however once again, dissassembled the door panel, repaired it, and put in all new panel clips. The weatherstripping on the window also decided to fall off, and a few other minor things, but all were fixed last week, to top it all off, the other day to get a quick car wash, to get the heavy stuff off, the car decided to get stuck/jump the "track" inside, no damage though, just some odd minutes of alarms going off!

ANYWHO,

Quick question however, looking at the grill embelm, were there any clips involved? I see two different types of adhesives on mine (dark black, and a white), so I am assuming someone re-stuck it on, however, will some adhesive do the job, or are clips used behind the emblem (to secure it to the grill)

Thanks!
CJ

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,179 Posts
Well, my grill emblem fell off a few months ago, was winter time, so it got put in the trunk, until now.

Its summer, everything is good, fixing up a few minor issues, namely the windshield washer pump decided to fail. The drivers door button rod assembly kept falling apart from the outside door latch, which is such a pain, cant open the door from the outside, however once again, dissassembled the door panel, repaired it, and put in all new panel clips. The weatherstripping on the window also decided to fall off, and a few other minor things, but all were fixed last week, to top it all off, the other day to get a quick car wash, to get the heavy stuff off, the car decided to get stuck/jump the "track" inside, no damage though, just some odd minutes of alarms going off!

ANYWHO,

Quick question however, looking at the grill embelm, were there any clips involved? I see two different types of adhesives on mine (dark black, and a white), so I am assuming someone re-stuck it on, however, will some adhesive do the job, or are clips used behind the emblem (to secure it to the grill)

Thanks!
CJ
if it is the 'cadillac' emblem that goes on the front grill, that emblem should have 2 studs which would get bolted from behind with a couple of nuts.

·
Registered
92 Brougham
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed it is, with the studs, however they are not threaded (for a bolt), the studs are ice pick looking!

Thanks,
CJ

·
Registered
90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
1,179 Posts
Indeed it is, with the studs, however they are not threaded (for a bolt), the studs are ice pick looking!

Thanks,
CJ
that means that there were never any bolts used to put it on the grill. if there is a dealer close by you go to the parts dept and they should be able to get you those nuts. if not go to the junk yard and grab a couple of of any other caddy.

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance - 1969 Coupe DV (R.I.P.)
655 Posts
i have a billion of those nuts and the logos (gold and silver) let me know if you want me to send you any.

·
Registered
92 Brougham
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be great if so, what do you want for them? I'd send you a PM, but im two shy of the limit!

Thanks,
CJ

·
Registered
1985 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham d'elegance - 1969 Coupe DV (R.I.P.)
655 Posts
5 bucks for one and all the bolts. where are you located? send me an email at lochenjons [at] gmail [dot] com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts