Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade Platinum 16
382 Posts
Looks great...I did mine with 6000k HIDs, luminates like headlights, great for reversing at night and awareness for pedestrians....I have changed all my bulbs to HIDs or LEDs...my next mod is blue interior kick panels lights to match the instrument panel (would only come at night) also I'm having my third brake light converted to 100% bulbs oppose to being just in the middle...will be done after my two week Caribbean vacation.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW..HIDs must be bright. When you get time can you post a pic? I am also interested in the 3rd light LED extesion. I have given thought to this.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Beyond bright, I was the first car my detailer did...now all SUV customs out of his shop get them....for the third brake I bought an OEM third brake light and also have an additional/regular brake light unit...so he'll try to use the bulbs from that brake light or replace all the LEDs all together ....once complete I will finally be able to post picture of all my LED and HID conversion mods...thinking about engine compartment LEDs next, so surprise these trucks don't come with any light in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Changed my headlights to 6000k HIDs from the stock 4300k and my fogs lights are 6000k just like the reverse/back up lights.....as a result the headlights and fogs are a better match.....the infamous MATCHN TOYZ was the inspiration in 09....hats off to him....hope he's still around....

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep...$80 but I had 15% off. Still expensive though but should last awhile and the warranty from them is great as well as their accurate color temp. They look much more blue in the picture. They are pretty much pure white with a very very slight tinge on blue.

The reflectors on the backup housings suck for light output. These were the brightest I found to hit the reflectors right and give an OEM appreance. I had some $30 Ebay ones and they just sucked.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was thinking the best way would be to get ahold of 2 more 3rd brakelamps and dril out the hole locations and wire them in.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
Nice job. I like it.
Can you list the exact bulb # that you used.
Where did you get the 15% off? Online code?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is the part number : 7443_20_P_W_6K . If you sign up for the newsletter you automaticaly get a 15% off code. Also their Facebook pages shows codes on a regular basis.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Looks great...I did mine with 6000k HIDs, luminates like headlights, great for reversing at night and awareness for pedestrians....I have changed all my bulbs to HIDs or LEDs...my next mod is blue interior kick panels lights to match the instrument panel (would only come at night) also I'm having my third brake light converted to 100% bulbs oppose to being just in the middle...will be done after my two week Caribbean vacation.
Please don't add more lights to the rear of your truck. Already at night we are causing people behind us huge amounts of eye pain from all of the LEDs. I was behind another Escalade in DAYLIGHT, and I got a headache from all of the lights.

If you don't believe me, drive behind your truck one night and see if it causes you any pain.

·
Registered
2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS
974 Posts
lol.. it looks great. I can't believe pun said, "drive behind your truck one night and see if it causes you any pain." lol i'm not sure how to take that..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Picture of my 6000k HID reverse lights, my fog lights are also 6000k and have recently swapped out the OEM 4300k HID headlights to 6000K to match my fog lights...hope the photo below is visible

cid:7588501F-CBCA-4E9A-A2C4-9578873A6B29/photo.JPG

1 - 20 of 31 Posts