Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just had a brand new 2005 Nav installed in my 04 CTS by my normal audio upgrade shop. Picked up the car and the nav works perfectly but... The speedo is down on the dash. The tech said it may take 3-4 starts/stops to recalibrate but I am not so sure. Also, they did not splice the speedo wire they tapped. I am thinking he pinched the wire when he put it back in and they will fix. That said, i need a speed guide in the car. Buried in the nav menu is there an onscreen current speed? Seems like there is all the data necessary but i am looking for a quick path to activate. Can anyone help?
Thanks BG

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
The nav won't display moving maps without the VSS signal tapped behind the instrument panel. If you're speedo doesn't work any more, they cut the tiny VSS wire when they tapped it. If your nav works, then they definitely cut it at the tap, since it's getting the signal, but the IP is not. Do all of your other guages work? If nothing works, then it's likely the connector. If it's just the speedo, then I'd suspect a cut VSS wire.

It won't simply come back on after a few starts, and there is nothing in the Nav to 'turn the speedo back on'. The speed on the GPS menu on the Nav has nothing to do with the VSS wire or the Speedo. It's calculated independenly from the VSS using GPS delta position measurements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bit more detail, the spedo is down, the rest of the cluster works fine. GPS maps and nav seem to work fine (but a bit slow to react which I suspect is related to the spedo not feeding info). The average MPH on the nav = 0 as well. Is this just a matter of reconnecting the cut wire? I gave them the install instructions on this forum and they said it went in witout issue but they must not have road tested although he said he tested the wire at the connector to the harness and got a pulse. Is this the result I would see if a wire got piched as the dash got repacked? Certainly appreciate the help... Thanks BG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts