Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Seville STS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 Seville STS tends to make a strange sound (something like, tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick... etc) almost like a pump or something, it seems to only come from the back left wheel area, and it does NOT happen when you first start the car, only after some amount of driving. It'll only go on as long as the car is running after that, when you turn it off and back on, it doesn't continue with that noise. I presume its nothing to worry about I'm just wondering what it is that is making that sound.

Also, I recently managed to space out and run my car over a rather decently sized bump in the road, hard enough to cause the CD Player in the trunk to skip and to tick on the ABS and Traction Control lights, after a few minutes of driving (albeit with me being extremely horrified at what I had just done to my poor car..) they went away, I did pull codes, and I found nothing more than what I already knew from the lights that went on, just sensors freaking out, I cleared them and the only ones that have returned are
ACM B1314
MMM B2150

So far it seems my little screw up has done me no harm. Can anyone speak for if the Seville is a durable car in that sense, anyway? Should I be worried?

----------

Update:
Checked once more and I found some more codes. Turned on the car after letting it sit and the TC and ABS lights came on before going off. Pulled codes.
IPC U1255 HISTORY
ACM B1314 CURRENT
TCS C1241 HISTORY
MMM B2150 CURRENT

----------

And no, the car doesn't say anything relating to these codes, just the ones I've already had and plan to take care of shortly.
Messages are
SERVICE A/C SYSTEM
LOW REFRIGERANT / COMPRESSOR OFF
CHANGE ENGINE OIL

Nothing else.

·
Registered
2001 eldorado,2008 DTS,2005 XLR, '96 eldo,'95 eldo,' 89 eldo,'78 eldo,'11CTS-V
1,716 Posts
Re: Questions with a 97 STS

T
Ticking sounds like load leveling pump running. Probably a leak in one of the lines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Questions with a 97 STS

That would make sense, yeah.

Annoyingly I started her up again now and got a new result.
ABS and TC lights stayed on for 15 seconds, left but I got this message:
VEHICLE LIMITED
TO 90 MPH

This went away almost instantly, and I was trying to turn the volume on the radio down, which didn't work until this message went off.
Ran codes, got some new ones.
PCM P1602 HISTORY
PCM P1611 HISTORY
TCS C1286 HISTORY
PZM U1128 HISTORY
IRC U1129 HISTORY

I'm hoping that was a fluke... I just tried again and the codes didn't return.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IPC U1255 HISTORY Class 2 Communication Malfunction (Serial Data Line Malfunction)
IRC U1129 HISTORY Loss of Communications with AMP
ACM B1314 CURRENT Evaporator Inlet Temp Sensor Open Circuit
TCS C1241 HISTORY Variable Effort Steering Circuit Malfunction
TCS C1286 HISTORY Steering Sensor Bias Malfunction
PCM P1602 HISTORY Knock Sensor (KS) Module Performance
PCM P1611 HISTORY Loss of CVRTD Serial Data
PZM U1128 HISTORY Loss of Communications with IRC
MMM B2150 CURRENT Right Front Mirror Horizontal Position Sensor Circuit Low

It it means much, if I clear all codes, the car will bring them back and THEN it will have the TC and ABS lights on, tell me VEHICLE SPEED - SPEED LIMITED TO 90 MPH, and upon moving the vehicle, the TC/ABS lights and message go away. And won't come back unless I clear the codes again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts