Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What interior colors were available in leather and in cloth? Was there ever a black cloth option?

2. What exterior colors were available?

3. Is this a C or D body?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/1988_Brougham.JPG

4. Is there a website that shows available options (sunroof, engines, interior seating, wheels, etc) for specific years and models?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Have a look at this site. Although it does not have everything you are looking for its very informative and rather accurate as well. http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad80.htm

These are D body cars, 6 inches longer than a B body. There is someone at my school with an Impala SS and my car is definitely longer than his.

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more thing..

What fuel (regular or premium) does the Olds 307 use? How does it compare to the Cadillac 368 found in the '80 and '81 models in terms of fuel economy?

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
One more thing..

What fuel (regular or premium) does the Olds 307 use? How does it compare to the Cadillac 368 found in the '80 and '81 models in terms of fuel economy?
Both of them use regular. The 307 will get better mileage, mainly due to having an overdrive transmission. The 368 still uses the good old TH400 three speed automatic. I would much rather have a 368 car, they have a lot more power than the sluggish 307.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Cadillac interiors of this era were still wide-ranging. Standard cloth was a velour offered in two shades of red, two shades of blue, two shades of grey, brown, tan, black, amethyst, yellow, gold, and two shades of green. Leather was offered in same colors with the addition of white. There's a sticky thread in this section that shows the colors and their names for the various years. These cars are the old C-body cars introduced in 1977. They were rechristend D-bodies when the downsized C cars were introduced in 1986. Available options included twilight sentinel, Guidematic automatic high beam lights, illuminated entry, cruise control, power front seat back recliners, remote trunk release with power pull down, intermitent wipers, AM/FM stereo with integral 8-track/cassette/CD player (depending on year), trumpet horn, Homelink integrated garage door transmitter, and towing package. If you want to know the specifics from year to year, get the full line catalogue or saleman's data book for the year you're interested in.

These cars run on regular unleaded (unless they have the diesel engine offered in 1980-1985). Mileage on the 368 is about the same as the 307, about 12-14mpg in town and 18-20mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
These cars run on regular unleaded (unless they have the diesel engine offered in 1980-1985). Mileage on the 368 is about the same as the 307, about 12-14mpg in town and 18-20mpg on the highway.
I think they'll do better than that. My 350 TBI gets 18mpg average, about 15mpg if I beat the piss out of it. On a road trip I got 23.5mpg doing 80-85mph.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Yeah, but the 350 doesn't have to work near as hard as the 307 and has OD, unlike the 368.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Ah, well, colors tend to be stable from year to year, Cotillion White and Sable Black are standards, with at least two shades of red, two or three shades of blue, one or two greens, brown, tan, gold, silver, light and dark grey, with novel colors like amethyst, yellow, and light or dark rose thrown in depending on the tastes of the time. Vinyl tops could be matched or contrasted, allowing for a monotone or two-tone look. In later years, lower body side mouldings appeared, usually in silver or light grey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts