Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Questions about the newer Cadillacs...

4K views 48 replies 17 participants last post by  Hoosier Daddy 
#1 ·
1.Why are Cadillacs so cheaply made now? Like their materials are cheap vinyl and plastic and their engines are sub par

2. Who is the new designer I these designs on these cars are sort of blah..when will the update they're styling like the Japanese and the Europeans. ie, Mercedes-Benz BMW Lexus Hyundai

3. Why are they priced so high they probably only cost $20,000 max to produce per car with all the cheap materials

4. Why have they not fixed the head gasket issue

Bottom line why should I consider one of these over say a hyundai Genesis or a Mercedes Benz C class. What do they have to offer anymore. Is this the end of such a prominent company? I considered the 2014 cts but idk with the listed issues above

#11 ·
If you don't like the newer ones (& the "American Rolls-Royce they're not! - but they do have their virtues) get one from the period you do like.

That's why I'm looking for something earlier, because the combination of unreliable electronics & 1st gen Nissan Micra interior is too much for me BUT it was my cheap intro. to the marque & I'm hooked.

Each to their own!

#13 · (Edited)
All the time-worn questions and speculation over what came/went first - head gasket or coolant or bolts or block metallurgy - are discussed at great length in the sticky posts on the main threads page of Engines; Northstar.

I assume that the OP has never surfed the other CF engine forums to see some of those nightmares, as well as other model/manufacturer forums and sites to get an idea of just how bad other makes can be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.