Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2009 STS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Why are Cadillacs so cheaply made now? Like their materials are cheap vinyl and plastic and their engines are sub par

2. Who is the new designer I these designs on these cars are sort of blah..when will the update they're styling like the Japanese and the Europeans. ie, Mercedes-Benz BMW Lexus Hyundai

3. Why are they priced so high they probably only cost $20,000 max to produce per car with all the cheap materials

4. Why have they not fixed the head gasket issue

Bottom line why should I consider one of these over say a hyundai Genesis or a Mercedes Benz C class. What do they have to offer anymore. Is this the end of such a prominent company? I considered the 2014 cts but idk with the listed issues above

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,664 Posts
1.Why are Cadillacs so cheaply made now? Like their materials are cheap vinyl and plastic and their engines are sub par

2. Who is the new designer I these designs on these cars are sort of blah..when will the update they're styling like the Japanese and the Europeans. ie, Mercedes-Benz BMW Lexus Hyundai

3. Why are they priced so high they probably only cost $20,000 max to produce per car with all the cheap materials

Bottom line why should I consider one of these over say a hyundai Genesis or a Mercedes Benz C class. What do they have to offer anymore. Is this the end of such a prominent company? I considered the 2014 cts but idk with the listed issues above
Sounds like you just need to sprinkle some sugar on those grapes.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,960 Posts
You can read some threads as to why owners are enjoying theirs, and others with why some don't care for them by doing a little searching.

Other than that nobody here is a Cadillac salesperson and we are not here to give you a sales pitch or demonstration.
You have mistaken this site for Cadillac's official site.

http://www.cadillac.com/

·
Registered
2012 CTS4 (AWD)
118 Posts

Go home, you're drunk.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,734 Posts

1. They're not. What are you talking about?

2. Many people design them. If you don't like, don't buy. Thus, capitalism.

3. Go home, you're drunk.

4. Really, call a cab.

·
Registered
'99 Seville STS; '96/7 ETC
2,393 Posts
If you don't like the newer ones (& the "American Rolls-Royce they're not! - but they do have their virtues) get one from the period you do like.

That's why I'm looking for something earlier, because the combination of unreliable electronics & 1st gen Nissan Micra interior is too much for me BUT it was my cheap intro. to the marque & I'm hooked.

Each to their own!

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
I thought the "head gasket" issue was fixed when the Northstar engine was installed into a rear wheel drive car. Not sure what was done to the N* that fixed the head gasket issue though.

KOT

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,133 Posts
All the time-worn questions and speculation over what came/went first - head gasket or coolant or bolts or block metallurgy - are discussed at great length in the sticky posts on the main threads page of Engines; Northstar.

I assume that the OP has never surfed the other CF engine forums to see some of those nightmares, as well as other model/manufacturer forums and sites to get an idea of just how bad other makes can be.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,734 Posts
Can we spam here now?

p00p™

1 - 20 of 49 Posts