Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting 22" Giovanna Cassino 2 with Pirelli 305/40/22 tires for my 02 Escalade. I wonder if I put them on my Escalade does it going to do any damage to the brake, brake disc, and etc... Is my warrany from Cadillac going to be void if I put aftermaket rims on my Escalade?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Questions about putting 22

clickart said:
Im getting 22" Giovanna Cassino 2 with Pirelli 305/40/22 tires for my 02 Escalade. I wonder if I put them on my Escalade does it going to do any damage to the brake, brake disc, and etc... Is my warrany from Cadillac going to be void if I put aftermaket rims on my Escalade?

Do your guys think the tires will rub my Escalade

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can somebody tell me if it going to do any damage to the truck or not and if it going to void the warrany from Cadillac? Also can somebody tell me if the rims is going to rub my Escalade or not. The offset of the rims are 20.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
Re: Questions about putting 22

clickart said:
Can somebody tell me if it going to do any damage to the truck or not and if it going to void the warrany from Cadillac? Also can somebody tell me if the rims is going to rub my Escalade or not. The offset of the rims are 20.
No it should not void your warranty. And I have had 23's on mine for a while and no trouble with any of the brakes since then. As for rubbing you will have to move the inner plastic wall thats infront of the two front wheels. Moving it by either a heat gun and pushing it or just cutting it off all together. I hope that answered your questions.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You should have no warranty issues, my customers with 22's or larger wheels tell me that you will lose some stopping distance (larger wheels will take longer to slow down) and your ride will be harsher than stock, of course this depends on how good or bad the roads that you drive on are as well. :)

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
I just put 25 inches on an escalade for the sema show and it didnt rub that much so Im sure yours wont rub at all really and if it does just remove what ever it is rubbing against. Its a really easy job so you shouldnt stress.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hay Guys,
I got an 2003 EXT with 24" Giovanna's & they rub but not to bad,
had to bend a little peace back but was pretty simple,

Anyways i took them off for the winter but they be back on in March/April & I wanted to drop the truck with maybe a ground force 2/3 kit
and everyone i ask up here in vermont says that they'll rub & i can't do it

but i know i can these guys up here don't no jack! i am from New Jersey & its done all day long there but i just wanted to know what kind of job is it to have the 24's with a 2/3 drop kit without rubbing?

please let me know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As far as rubbing goes, if your maintaining stock diameter, then your good. Otherwise, the only other thing you need to keep in mind is the offset of the wheel. I have 20" wheels with 285/50R20 tires and they rub a little bit (+10mm offset), if your offset is more, you may be OK with larger or wider wheels/tires. The only other thing to keep in mind is the weight of the wheel/tire combo. The factory 17" wheels and tires on my 02 escalade weigh around 67 lbs. The 20" wheels with 285/50 tires weigh around 75lbs. many will weigh much more. This will effect, ride quality and braking. It is up to you to decide how much is too much. No changes you make should effect warranty unless your suspension craps out after you put on 24"+ wheels with heavy tires. Then the dealership has grounds for saying the wheels and tires you put on are responsible for the problem. Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
larry_chip said:
Hay Guys,
I got an 2003 EXT with 24" Giovanna's & they rub but not to bad,
had to bend a little peace back but was pretty simple,

Anyways i took them off for the winter but they be back on in March/April & I wanted to drop the truck with maybe a ground force 2/3 kit
and everyone i ask up here in vermont says that they'll rub & i can't do it

but i know i can these guys up here don't no jack! i am from New Jersey & its done all day long there but i just wanted to know what kind of job is it to have the 24's with a 2/3 drop kit without rubbing?

please let me know.

I put 24's with 2/3 drop. What they did to alleviate the rubbing was trim the inner plastic guard and somehow mount the water bottle about 1/2" forward. This should take care of most of the rubbing. Good Luck! :cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
What Water Bottle?

i have an EXT & i asked the wheel shop in jersey if they had problems with 24's rubbing on escalades he said not on the Escalade but ON the ESV & EXT They We're Rubbing even without the drop kits.

so could you tell me a little more about what i have to do?

any websites on this matter?
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
and was your 24's rubbing before the drop kit?
because mine was rubbing on the plastic & a little on the inside of the fender,
but i moved the metel peace back a lilttle so it still rubs on the plastic on turns that was about half way,
if i turn it all the way it dosen't rub, just half way.

·
Registered
121 Posts
larry_chip said:
What Water Bottle?

i have an EXT & i asked the wheel shop in jersey if they had problems with 24's rubbing on escalades he said not on the Escalade but ON the ESV & EXT They We're Rubbing even without the drop kits.

so could you tell me a little more about what i have to do?

any websites on this matter?
thanks for the help.
If you look in front of the driver's side front tire, you'll find that the bottom of the washer fluid bottle is in front of the tire. What the guys here in Hawaii did was somehow pull the bottom portion of the bottle more towards the bumper and strap it to the mountings. In addition, they trimmed the inner plastic moldings that were touching the left tire. In my situation, I had rubbing problems only when I tried to make a hard left. The front left tire was rubbing that plastic molding, thus, had to mount the washer bottle more towards the bumper to give more clearance. As far as rubbing without the drop, I did mines all one time so I wouldn't know. Try and look underneath the front driver's side bumper and you'll see that washer fluid bottle I'm talking about. I don't think it should matter whether it's and EXT of not. Email me if you need more help ([email protected])... :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have 24's and a 3 " drop on mine and it still doesnt rub, only when i turn the wheel fully and try going, but not much of a problem, although it does create a lot of brake dust, 22's shouldnt be much trouble though. And cadillac still works on my escalade and im sure i have a lot more to worry about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts