Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Maggie today and I have a couple of questions I cant seem to answer looking at the FAQ's. I'm going to do the Maggie install at the same time I do the SW headers and RT Cats. (Damn fever, will it ever go away)

1. I have new NGK TR55 Iridiums and I'm going to gap at .40.....OK?

2. Will the TB tube from the Maggie kit fit to my Volant CAI air box or do I need a whole new CAI kit?

3. Will my StealthV Z06 FRC's fit with the Maggie or do I need to sell them and get others? (Damn only a month old)

4. Which pulley should I have with the kit...2.8?

5. I've found lots of install threads, which is the final (best)?

6. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
7. I have wood with the thought of having a Maggie on MY V :banana:

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
stkshkr said:
1. I have new NGK TR55 Iridiums and I'm going to gap at .40.....OK?
I believe that is correct. I honestly can't recall the exact gap, but I think that is what I have and it runs good.

stkshkr said:
2. Will the TB tube from the Maggie kit fit to my Volant CAI air box or do I need a whole new CAI kit?
Yes, it will work, but it isn't the greatest fit. See my Volant thread where I discuss not "over" cutting the related tube.

Volant actually makes a CAI kit special for Vs with maggie, but you have to make sure you request that exact kit. If not, I think they sell the correct TB tubes for like $40.

stkshkr said:
4. Which pulley should I have with the kit...2.8?
My best *GUESS* is yes, you should have a 2.8" pulley. I'm not aware of anyone running a "current" maggie that has a 3.0" and is pleased. I know that I wasn't and the dyno results proved it.

stkshkr said:
5. I've found lots of install threads, which is the final (best)?
Sorry, no clue. I had my dealership install it. :D Building goodwill is a good thing.

stkshkr said:
6. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
Get it dynoed after you install it and make sure that you are getting the results that Magna advertises.

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts
My maggie makes the 6lbs as promised,have your boost guaged when you dyno.Your stealth frcs will work with trimming,pm Wild or Stealth for instructions.I use those covers,just fine here.Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts