Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 DW CTS-V Sedan
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just picked up a used 2002 Escalade EXT that i'm learning more and more about. When I purchased the truck, it has the following audio components:

Head Unit: Kenwood KVT-719DVD
Amp: RF 400P-1
Subs: 2x 15" RF P1

Interfaces that I've found so far: PAC OEM-1 & PAC OS-1

The steering wheel controls work with the head unit, as does onstar that I can tell. My issue is that the front driver side speaker isn't wired right, because no matter what I do, I can't get any sound out of it. I took it out of the truck and hooked it up to an external amp and the speaker works fine, so there is something in teh wiring. When I fade the speakers front/back and left/right, none of the speakers increase in volume appropriately. I really only get sound out of the front right, and back left speakers, so i'm assuming something is wired incorrectly. With that being said, I don't have the manuals for anything except the head unit. Can someone help me out on what the order of wiring should be? For example, should it go:

Stock Bose Amp > OEM-1 > OS-1 > KVT-719DVD head unit? Just looking for some help to get the sound straightened out so I can jam while i'm driving.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts