Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first. I installed a sub and amp a while ago and I want to tighten up the sound a little bit. I am thinking about installing some dynamat on the rear tray both on the top and bottom of it. Anyone have an estimate of how much to buy? In square footage?

Also, since I will have the rear tray cover out, I wanted to buy and install an Ipod adapter kit for my V. I have read the reviews on both the Gm Ipod kit and the Nucleus Ipod kit. Is there any type of consensus about which kit is better or not yet? I want one but can't determine which one I want from the previous threads.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
All I know from all I've read is people have had nothing but problems with the nucleus...it fried the BCM in one guys vette...so I'd stick with the GM one....as for the rear deck square footage...measure it as a rectangle and multiply your two measurements, then multiply that by two so you have enough to do top and bottom.....usually they sell trunk 'kits' and you'll probably have some left over to do where ever else you want.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
21 Posts
I have been using the GM Ipod kit (I-Connect) for about 3 months and it works great. It gives you access to all the playlists on your Ipod and displays artist, song title and album title. I tried using the USA-SPEC kit and had problems so I switched to the GM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts