Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2005 v6 STS.

I would like to get a cold air intake for it but I can only find universal fits but I would prefer something specifically for the V6 STS.

I am also unsure as to what lowering kit I should go with.

Does anyone have the D3 springs, and are they hard to install??

Also I can't find an exhaust kit for the V6.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Aftermarket won't breathe any better than OEM, but it's your car. Volant sp?

Exhaust - same.

Overall, it might be fun and sound cool but Cadillac didn't leave much for tuners.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 2005 STS aswell but it's a V8 so far put a volant cold air intake and corsa exhaust. They sound sweet and feel a bit more power nothing huge though. Not sure if they would fit on the v6 just google like sts v6 volant most sites said if the part would fit or not

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Volant makes a CAI for the 3.6 specifically. Won't add much, just makes more noise.

For the 3.6 poke around in the first gen CTS forum, same engine, much more aftermarket talk there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can put a throttle body spacer and a cold air intake on the 4.6 just like I did[SPOILER][/SPOILER]

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Welcome.

Nobody has posted in this thread for over six years. Interesting mod, but probably a better idea to start a new one of your own to discuss it. Some of those who have commented here haven't been around in a very long time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I figured that I just posted it because I read all the forms and they said you couldn't do anything to the 4.6 but you can throttle body spacer it, Cold air it and chip it..just figure I would put it out there..thanks for the reply

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,331 Posts
Yeah I figured that I just posted it because I read all the forms and they said you couldn't do anything to the 4.6 but you can throttle body spacer it, Cold air it and chip it..just figure I would put it out there..thanks for the reply
Welcome to the forums! The OP hasn't been on in six years, plus he was asking about the V6 not the 4.6. The CAI, chip and throttle body spacer do pretty much nothing to the Northstar, except lighten your wallet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah that's what they all say.. probably because back then there was no upgrades for the 4.6 and only a cold air intake for the 3.6, but after installing you have to pull your ecu chip and disconnect the battery or you will throw codes and you will never show any gains, the computer has to relearn 1st, but I went from stock 320 horse and 15.3 miles per gallon around town, to 369 horse and 17.8 per mile..with all three upgrades..my friend has a 2006 5.7 charger RT.. all he sees is my tail lights..so in my opinion it's worth it..but that's just me

·
Registered
4 Posts
http://www.taylorvertex.com/product-search/?id=3188990&sID=96 yes it did, torque, gas mileage, horse power, throttle response.. it's for a Dodge charger 2006 5.7 V8 but is a direct fit for 2005-2011 sts V8 4.6 they use the same throttle body..same bolt pattern and everything no extra mods needed, no fabrication, no bs, just install, took me 15 mins, as you seen in my pic..pull your ecm fuse disconnect battery, then reconnect and enjoy..this is the brand I bought so I couldn't tell you about any other brands performance, also the K&N cold air intake is for 2006 charger RT is a direct fit also, for the 4.6 Cadillac..funny how that works huh lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Watching Top Gear last night, an ad came on that "OPGI Has parts for your Caddy". Haven't had a chance to look into what they have, but the home page
https://beta.opgi.com/ shows a "win $500 in part for your Cadillac" or similar feature. Maybe Cadillac has just been added to their line?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah that's what they all say.. probably because back then there was no upgrades for the 4.6 and only a cold air intake for the 3.6, but after installing you have to pull your ecu chip and disconnect the battery or you will throw codes and you will never show any gains, the computer has to relearn 1st, but I went from stock 320 horse and 15.3 miles per gallon around town, to 369 horse and 17.8 per mile..with all three upgrades..my friend has a 2006 5.7 charger RT.. all he sees is my tail lights..so in my opinion it's worth it..but that's just me
Thank you Jugg29 for commenting in this section. I have been coming here for years hoping there would be a breakthrough to add to the stock performance of my STS 05 V-8AWD. The engineer who boobie trapped the options to enhance performance had personal delicate egos and smaller size members rather than be proud to share their information for other minds and owners to contribute and all ideas to make a good product even better. Used to we could feel apart of a commidity together. So of the American way. Their attitude didn't allow them to think, we as original owners spending seventy thousand dollars couldn't respect the STS potential and power, all the while having it and using it is two separate parts. Just like this forum, it is as we participate coming here about our vehicles, it's as though we have to be a commoner and plead with the website owners and moderators to petition the holy writings. I've been entering this section about four times a year to see when someone would contribute some knowledge. I don't know what the mod. was telling you to post somewhere else but you came here and I wouldn't found what you have given me anywhere else. So what, as OPP hasn't posted here in six years. It doesn't mean ones like myself, who haven't anything to post, still hope and check to see when someone just may..
Some moderator needs to tell the other guy above he's in the wrong website all together to post about baseball cards and bicycle spokes (those may even be two separate forum websites to comment on).
Thank you Jugg29 for sharing your unique products that aren't even GM specific but may contribute to the basic performance of such a vehicle held back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I typed an hour (slow typist) and I live in the country so we don't have wifi available. Only have data through phone and it's weak unless I keep it in one spot. Said some encouraging and appreciation to you Jugg29. It all got lost and didn't get posted. I am funny and silly on couple above posts. Like telling echas3 baseball cards and bicycle spokes would need to be posted on other forums type to resemble each separate topic.
So Jugg29, I'm going to order
Taylor Billet Specialties Part# 57046.
A K&N cold air intake for 2006 charger RT. Does it matter, I chose the oiled instead of dry filter?
Pardon me for being leery about buying the wrong product and frying my system. What is this chip you also use and where can I get one? How is it used?
Thanks again Jugg29.

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,331 Posts
Educate me. I would be interested to know what stock Northstar came with 320 hp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts