Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems to me that this is a pretty well sorted out car...Late model, lots of options and the 3.6 looks to be sorted out...
I looked at one today, at a jeep dealer(?)... 39k miles for ...$31,000

It sure seemed like a great deal, in my first visit I swear he said it was a trade in... On the second visit, I got the pressure and '4-box' salesman paper put in front of me...
I started digging for background..He produces an auto-check and tells me it was a two owner car.
That caught my attention...two owners for a two year old car?? ALSO it comes out it wasn't a trade-in, they got it at an auction.

Would that give you any concern?

Overall the car presents very nice (don't they always) . Seems to run and drive in perfect order..

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,016 Posts
The only downside is that it probably has the clunky 8L45 transmission. That may be why its had two owners

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,536 Posts
If it is a Premium Luxury, it MSRPed for $61k+. Use KBB or True Car to get an idea on used values.

Get a Carfax. Two owner could be that it was a loaner, then one real owner.
With the high miles, it could have been a rental.

The 4-box is not a good sign or getting a good deal, but it doesn't matter if you get your price.

See if it shifts good. Check the run flat tires. See if CUE works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you everyone for you input !
Autocheck shows 95 score...no accidents, clean title etc etc...No fleet or rental...

1/9/17 - Detroit - (odo blank) -Motor vehicle dept - registered
1/10/17 - Detroit -15 miles - Motor vehicle dept - title
8/2/317 - Detroit - (odo blank) - Motor vehicle dept - renewal
11/3/17 - Illinois - 18,178 miles -Auto auction - reported at auction
12/4/17 - Illinois - 18,178 miles - Auto auction - reported at auction as mfr vehicle
12/7/17 - Illinois - 18,178 miles - GM certified data - Vehicle in dealer inventory
12/9/17 - Illinois - (odo blank) - GM certified data - GM approved certified pre-owned vehicle
2/1/18 - St charles - (odo blank) - motor vehicle dept - registration event/renewal
2/2/18 - St charles -18,781 miles - motor vehicle dept - Title, lien reported
12/1/18 - Schaumburg - 39,324 miles - Zeigler dodge - multi point inspection blah blah blah
12/4/18 - Schaumburg - 39,500 miles - dealer record - vehicle in dealer inventory

The reason I posted the history is that maybe those with some more experience than I with autocheck/carfax stuff can discern anything off in it's movement..

looks like two people owned it, each drove it about 18k a year... But what I think is weird, it went to an auction, and GM bought it and certified it?
Then someone bought it as certified but only kept it less than a year?
From owner two to zeigler I can't see how it got there... or maybe zeigler was owner two? I am confused...

thanks for putting up with me

·
Registered
2006, 2014 CTS, Currently 2018 XT5
362 Posts
Reading the history of the car you have posted makes me think it was a Manufacturer car. In which GM owns it and was driven by someone at Corporate HQ. They then got rid of it at auction and then a GM dealership bought it and put it on their used car lot as a CPO vehicle. Then on 2/2/18 someone bought it and got rid of it 12/18.

·
Registered
Had 1995 Eldorado, Had 2001 DHS, Had 2005 STS, Had 2013 ATS, Have 2016 CTS Premium
71 Posts
Yes, Richard427 hit it right on the head. It was what they call a GM program car, something they give to one of their executives. That also accounts for the mileage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called James Black, found out warranty costs... He did mention this came back as a Hertz car, so I passed....
When I texted the salesman, he said it sold today anyway.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts