Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the hell the EGR valve is on my 1990 DeVille? I don't know where it is, and I don't wanna go searching for it with no clue to what area it is located. It is too cold!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's a largeish vaccuum diaphram above and just to the right of the
throttle body, when viewed from the front of the vehicle.

-Dirk R

HollywoodHicks1 said:
Does anyone know where the hell the EGR valve is on my 1990 DeVille? I don't know where it is, and I don't wanna go searching for it with no clue to what area it is located. It is too cold!!!

·
Registered
02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,
219 Posts
No, that is not it, that is the cruise control diaphram. The EGR valve is located, looking from front to back, on the passengers side of the engine compartment just to the rear of the back valve cover, it is about 3.5 inches wide and has some short (looks like heaters hoses) coming out of it, if you arent sure where it is, get a Haynes manual, it will show you, or you can ask me to take a picture of it under the hood of my 90 deville.

Lemme know what happens, Jack

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey "themind" That 41 fleetwood is great! I am building a 37 Pontiac streetrod right now, nice lookin car/truck :)

Jack

·
Registered
2008 STS-V & 1962 Coupe Deville
548 Posts
HollywoodHicks1 said:
Its right behind the throttle body looks like a disk the diameter of a soda can here a pic of my engine 90 deville and the location should be the same

·
Registered
219 Posts
up and over to the left a little, the thing that those 2 black hoses are going to.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Here, I went outside and took a quik snapshot of the EGR valve, its circled, the metalic object to the bottom there is another valve that should be replaced as well (about 20 bucks), if you think that your EGR valve is clogged, then you should also remove the lines going to it and clean them out and check your air pump, usually when your EGR valve goes bad its because your air pump is going as well (or has gone), a lot of times the air pump will go bad and shoot little chunks of "stuff" (for lack of better words) into the lines and then into the EGR valve causing it to get stuck either open or closed and the heat burns up the valve. So those are all things to consider. If you suspect your air pump of being bad, Caddys are notorious for a strange growling noise from under the hood when running and the A/C off, if you hear that, most likely the pump is bad. If, you have a service light coming on, (assuming you have read the codes) its probably the EGR valve or related component causing it so after you replace the EGR valve, be sure to clear the codes from the diagnostic control module, I tried to just disconnect the battery but it didnt clear them.

Let me know what happens, Jack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts