Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 white CTS on 20s"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What voids the warranty on your car? Does putting rims, tint, or a cd player void the warranty, or just performance parts?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Cd deck...yes in some ways.
Rims they can argue but no, some dealers sell cars with aftermarket wheels
Tint...no, some dealers do tinting
Also intakes do not void.

Nitrous will void, turbo, supercharger and roll cage

·
Registered
05 3.6 auto,sport package,navigation
127 Posts
chips and tuners will also void but you can get away with a lot depending on the tech.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You're warranty will not be voided outright from simple mods, but the dealer may void parts that may be affected by your mods. If you put 20's on, and wear out or break a shock, for instance, they may not honor it. If you put a supercharger on and blow a piston, or the transmission or rear end, they're not going to honor it. But if an auto-leveling headlight breaks ($1200/each!), it should have no impact, if you've put performance exhaust on, etc.

My car has Eibachs, Borla dual exhaust, cold air intake, 18" wheels, FE4 shocks and sway bars, 14" 4 piston, Brembo disk brakes all around, a retrofitted Nav, and V bodywork. My dealer has honored all warranty work until I hit my 100,000 miles. I had headlights replaced, leaky transmission seals repaired, ignition coils replaced, and leaky AC housing replaced. All, no questions asked, with a free brand new CTS loaner, each time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts