Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you look at that pic I just posted on that STS, the one titled...saved owner $700... in Illinois it is a law to have front plates on a car, many people don't have them on because it distracts form the lines and looks of the car. LIke in the case of this Beautiful STS, that front plate is plain ugly. The owner wants to take it off, but upon inspection it appears those brackets are rivited into the bumper. I guess they are serious about leaving it on. I know on my Cruiser they were only screwed in, so when I removed the bracket, I bought some plugs at the hardware store for 2 cents each, painted them the matching color and it looked fine. In this case, anyone know how to aproach this???? Gary p.s. I think if you try taking out the rivets you may screw up the paint and the bumper.

·
Registered
1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR
443 Posts
turbomangt said:
If you look at that pic I just posted on that STS, the one titled...saved owner $700... in Illinois it is a law to have front plates on a car, many people don't have them on because it distracts form the lines and looks of the car. LIke in the case of this Beautiful STS, that front plate is plain ugly. The owner wants to take it off, but upon inspection it appears those brackets are rivited into the bumper. I guess they are serious about leaving it on. I know on my Cruiser they were only screwed in, so when I removed the bracket, I bought some plugs at the hardware store for 2 cents each, painted them the matching color and it looked fine. In this case, anyone know how to aproach this???? Gary p.s. I think if you try taking out the rivets you may screw up the paint and the bumper.
Well you can remove the rivets by drilling with a bit that is a little little bigger, I'm talking about 1/100" bigger, Since the thickness of the rivets is not that thick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts