Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I have been on here. Last time I had a CTS. Now I am looking at purchasing a used 2005 SRX. The price seems good at $7995 but it does have 136k miles on the odometer. I pulled a carfax on it and there are no issues reported. I did check it out briefly and going back this weekend to be more thorough. It is in excellent condition visually and it starts right up with no odd noises from the engine compartment. My concern is the miles. My girlfriend would rather me buy a Pontiac G6 with 92k miles for a grand more. I told her I would rather buy a high mileage Caddy than a Pontiac with less miles of the same year. The miles do concern me though and I was wondering what everyone is at on their odometer and how they are holding up over 130k? When I had to give up my CTS a few years ago I had about 120k miles on it and it was running like new. Any input would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
Former '03 CTS owner, 09' CTS4
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind, I found others posting with similar questions :)

·
Registered
2008 SRX Sport Pkg
1,164 Posts
I have seen users on here reporting Cadillac SRX with more than 1,000,000 miles, so I don't think you need to be concerned. As long as the vehicle has been cared for properly (check under oil cap e.g.) the mileage here should not be a major concern.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD
336 Posts
BTW don't trust Carfax as gospel. When I traded my car in for my current SRX, an accident that I had (no, not my fault) was not on the carfax at all. And the dealer where I got the caddy told me they don't report everything to carfax. So carfax is limited in the reporting agencies, and some won't or don't report.

12,821 Posts
Sal33n, I see that you're already receiving great feedback from the community, and I wanted to let you know I'm on hand to provide the build sheet for a SRX that you're considering. Please don't hesitate to email me anytime at [email protected] and I can explore SRX questions for you!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1 - 6 of 6 Posts