Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up everybody? hope somebody can help me identify what the problem is with my 95 deville. when i drive it and roll over bumps i hear a slight clunky noise when the tire bounces around from my right shock area. my front shocks do seem to be bouncing a little more in the front, but i do not feel it giving way in hard corners. anyone know what this noise could be? thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
It could be a few things. It's most likely your sway bar end links, but when your struts go bad, they may start to clunk over bumps as well. My favorite way of searching for the cause of clunks is to get under the car with a rubber malet and whack around the area where the noise seems to be coming from. Be sure to know what you're whacking though, otherwise you might damage something. When you check the sway bar end links, both wheels have to be level with eachother (both off the ground, or both on the ground) otherwise the bar will be under load and it will be hard to find anything wrong with it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I had a similar problem and it turned out to be torque struts (dog bone shaped linkage at top front of engine that connects engine to frame was worn) but like Krashed says, it could be many things and it sounds more like sway bars but I;m totally guessin here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts