Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 SRX AWD Turbo, 08 STS V8 RWD
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We do not own an XLR, so please bear with me!

My wife and I were oowwing and awwing over the XLR at the Seattle auto show, and a question came up. Say you park your car at the restaurant, and the battery goes dead. How do you unlock and get in the car? Is there some sort of emergency release that allows you to get in the car? I.e., you can't charge the battery unless you can pop the hood from inside, and if you can't get inside if the battery's dead, etc., etc.

Just curious!

- Mike.

·
Registered
CTS-V
1,192 Posts
miked said:
We do not own an XLR, so please bear with me!

My wife and I were oowwing and awwing over the XLR at the Seattle auto show, and a question came up. Say you park your car at the restaurant, and the battery goes dead. How do you unlock and get in the car? Is there some sort of emergency release that allows you to get in the car? I.e., you can't charge the battery unless you can pop the hood from inside, and if you can't get inside if the battery's dead, etc., etc.

Just curious!

- Mike.
There should be a key hole that's hidden on the lower left corner of the rear bumper (I haven't actually looked for it). This will open the trunk, from there you can pull a release cable to open the door. I haven't actually tried it with my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts