Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Ex-CTS owner
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in New Jersey, and I have a regular plate "ABC ##D"
Is it illegal for me to install a new plate with custom text on it like this in the front of the car?

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
not entirely accurate. in ohio, you are only required to have a front plate displayed while parked. most people put it up on their dash by their windshield when parking somewhere, and it's perfectly legal.

if you are stopped while driving by a police officer because he said you have no front plate, you can show him you actually have one in the car and he will let you go. they can pull you over for not displaying it while driving, but can't give you a ticket unless you don't produce a front plate on the spot.

i'm unsure about the laws in other states, but i have talked to several LEO's about this matter in ohio.

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Im in Jersey and all my cars i never had a front plate. Only got pulled over once only because there was a road block. Other then that i dont get bothered.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Don't use a plate on front or rear. Leave your driver license at home. No way a LEO can give you a ticket. LOL
He might give you a free meal or two.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,819 Posts
Don't use a plate on front or rear. Leave your driver license at home. No way a LEO can give you a ticket. LOL
He might give you a free meal or two.
And you'll get the best miles per gallon travel too. You won't be using your gas, you'll be using the tow truck's gas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts