Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First i'm a rookie as you will soon see. I just installed the drop in filter tonight but was wondering about the fit. I tried to line it up to the edges around the box and never got it to fit. So...I just dropped it in after I added the sealant, tightened it down, ran at idle for 15 minutes-no alarms and did a quick run and no alarms and idled again for 15 minutes.
Please tell this filter just drops in and you're done. If not, what do i need to do or what is a sign of an improper installation? Again, I'm a rookie and trying to learn but thought this is something i should be able to do. Looking for quick feedback

·
Registered
36 Posts
I installed the K&N filter in the stock air box - no problems with fit and I did not use the grease supplied with the filter. if you are concerned with fit, did you check to see the K&N filter you have was the correct one for the V? Mine fits perfectly.

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's not a exact perfect fit. And no need for the bead of grease... I have already spent time with K&N Tech Support on this issue. But am very happy with it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's the right filter but not the perfect fit i was expecting. I did use the "grease" before others told me i didn't have to. The good thing is, I've been driving all day and have not notice any issues so i'm ok, i think. Thanks for the feedback. I love this forum.

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
dqw1 said:
it's the right filter but not the perfect fit i was expecting. I did use the "grease" before others told me i didn't have to. The good thing is, I've been driving all day and have not notice any issues so i'm ok, i think. Thanks for the feedback. I love this forum.
Mine was not perfect either. Unless it was exactly lined up, there would be a small gap at one end. Putting the lid back on was enough to disturb the exact alignment. I wound up putting a small amount of non-hardening permatex on the filter to keep it seated when installing the lid. I've since gone to the Volant.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
I ran the K&N in the stock airbox for quite a while; no issues with fitment or anything else. Then ran the LPE CAI. Now the Volant. I have ADD.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Law -

Did you notice a difference (gain) with the Volant over the other CAI's? I'm curious how it rates against the others...

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Nope, but 5 - 10 HP would be tough to feel. SOTP, I didn't notice any loss vs. the LPE. The main thing is, no more LPE whistling. That Lingenfelter CAI really sucks - you can hear it!

Plus, of course, the Volant is seriously purty!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
1,181 Posts
Thanks, I was curious... I didn't have a comparison since the Volant was my first CAI attempt on the V.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts