Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here is my delima, I am thinking about exhaust. Magnaflow, seems that many people arent getting much RWHP out of the aftermarket exhaust. So what I was thinking was since I use to own a Z06, I still have my electric cutouts. I was thinking about saving the money on the exhaust and putting those in place running dual cutouts, and buying some headers instead of the magnaflow exhaust. I am on the GP for the Volant, and then get a tune.

How much RWHP would you expect from that ???

The next thing I am going to do after that stuff, is put a TNT kit on it for about 100shot of gas.

JET

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well with Lt headers, cutout and tune you should see some good gains. Are you going to run cats and where are you going to put the cutout?? not much room on the V and on the Pass side you have the fuel lines where the cutout would vent. Well its just a guess but i would say you should see about 35hp above the curve.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes would be going LT, would have to figure out were to put the cutouts, not sure just yet, but want to run dual cutouts. I won't be running cats, never have on any of my previouse cars LOL, so why start now. Seems from my research that headers is the way to go instead of full exhaust and cutouts will more than give me the sound that I want. Any suggestions on were they would fit ???

So how much RWHP total do you think the car would put out with tune ??? 365-370ish. Then add a 100 shot of gas, 470-480 would do me just fine.

JET

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well its all a guess on your hp gain. depends on dyno and temp, stuff like that. 35hp to 50hp could be gained. and with a 100shot have fun. If you do a 100hp make sure u change out your plugs and also get a good tune. I have tuned many NOS cars and there is alot to look at. Also get Ho2s sims for the lack of cats.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it will be tuned for sure on the gas and the plugs will be changed, and your right there is a lot to look at.

Will get sims for the lack of cats.

I still don't understand why there isn't a underdrive pully for this car.

I also understand the dyno and temp stuff.

I had a 98 SS camaro with heads cam, 9' 390 gears, TH350, ect ect. So I know a lot about this motor and stuff fortunatly.

JET

·
Registered
746 Posts
Well sounds like you know what you are doing then. As far as pulleys go. i think LPE has a underdrive pulley for the LS6. check there. But as you know from the Fbody start from the rear and work your way up. i think the V rear is as weak if not weaker then the Fbody.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep I couldn't agree more, the V is weaker in this car than the Fbody for sure. I won't be launching this car to much from a dig, more highway running or at least moveing and running. Cause of the rear end.

The underdrive pully for the LS6, do you think it will fit on this car ?? any differences in this and the vette. I would think that it would, as long as everything else is lined up the same.

Jet

Hey thanks for the help and suggestions.

what is your name and maybe i can call and discuss this more in length with you, I sure appreciate all the help I can get. And were are you guys located. Unfortunatly I am in WI working and the car is garaged in Texas LOL and I am getting the mod itch and it isn't going to do anything but get worse till I have at least 500rwhp.

·
Registered
746 Posts
CRZY747 said:
Jet

Hey thanks for the help and suggestions.

what is your name and maybe i can call and discuss this more in length with you, I sure appreciate all the help I can get. And were are you guys located. Unfortunatly I am in WI working and the car is garaged in Texas LOL and I am getting the mod itch and it isn't going to do anything but get worse till I have at least 500rwhp.
Hey no problem at all. just look u up at Drift-caddy.com
dado and myself work in Maryland, number is 301-943-2882. We also have a 53ft trailer so we can pick up your car and mod it to 500hp and drop it of when done. So you can have your car done for you when you get back

thanks
Damian Harney

·
Registered
919 Posts
Drift-caddy said:
Yea i am going to the Dyno on friday to tune a V, email me when you can and lets see when we can get your car done.

[email protected]

or just call me 301-943-2882
thanks

Damian
Oh I have headers / exhaust, tune...

But I promised my GF I would drive her to New York.

Can ya guys teach me how to drift properly?

I have assasinated alot of landscaping but I donno how much longer I can use the hurricane excuse.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
dannystang said:
I have assasinated alot of landscaping but I donno how much longer I can use the hurricane excuse.
In the lead for V forum's Statement of the Month award. :histeric: :worship:

Find a gravel/dirt road and stand on it going around a corner...drifting Dukes of Hazard style is how I learned when I was barely able to reach the pedals. :lildevil:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Doug,
Yes. Both he and DADO left. They were tired of the "man" keeping them down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
8 Participants
CVP33