Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Coastaltech IPOD lockpick a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone else who has done this noticed a drop off in the dynamic range, particularly on the low end (Bass). Everything works as advertised and although the sound is clear and free from distortion, it nevertheless seems compressed. This happens whether or not an IPOD is hooked up. When I bypass the lockpick entirely, the sound is noticably better.

Is there some setting I've missed?

·
Registered
Cadillac
118 Posts
I don't think you're crazy. I've noticed some sound issues with mine as well. I hear clipping in the highs on the tweeters from time to time. XM still sounds good though. Bass is still there also. There is definitely something buggy with the audio though.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
40 Posts
I also just installed it and noticed the clipping on the highs, otherwise it is perfect. It almost seems as if the ipod is putting too much volume to the stock radio. I may try messing with the ipod eq settings.

·
Registered
Cadillac
118 Posts
Let me know if you figure out a fix for it. I'm about ready to send mine back for another one. I noticed that I can't get my navigation menus in motion anymore.

·
Registered
Cadillac
119 Posts
It's buggy too. If I'm listening to XM and cycle the ignition off and on it will 1/3 of the time start back up in Ipod mode, especially frustrating when the Ipod is not even hooked up. I use auto start with the key remote often and that seems to throw it for a loop even more often.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade ESV
40 Posts
I turned off my eq on the ipod and there was no change- I think the eq only changes the headphone output. Mids & Bass are stronger than the XM- highs are stronger too- certain songs make the tweeters sound horrible turned up. I'm just going to lower the volume until there is a fix. I got it as a package deal with the new GMX320. I ordered the Gen 4 cheaper model but Coastaltech sent me the GMX320 & Ipod Combo kit for $338. So far I am happy overall except for the minor ipod problem with the highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts