Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 SLS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i just recently installed a sub and amp in my 01 SLS w/ BOSE everything works and sound great still have the factory Head Unit. Now from what i read all the speakers are powered by the factory amp my question is i want to next upgrade all 4 of my door speakers front and rear with aftermarket speakers will the factory bose amp be amp to handle 4 aftermarket speaker i don't want them to be under powered and sound bad. my plan is to just wire them all up to where the factory speakers were

EDIT: Ok so from what i read with the 01 seville w/bose the front speaker is a 5.25 and the new aftermarket speaker MUST be 2 Ohms to be compatibale with the stock bose amp.
so what size is the rear speaker and is that a 2 Ohm as well?

·
Registered
98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
7,345 Posts
All speakers 2 ohm. 6x9 in rear i believe. There is a post here with specs on speakers for a bunch of years. The BOSE speakers have a small amp on each speaker IIRC.

·
Registered
2001 SLS
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 98+ had just the one amp that powered all 8 speakers i found a few post with the spec but they all had different anwser some say the BOSE in the front are 5.25 some same 8 so i just gave up i'll just leave it as is thanks for the reply

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,470 Posts
Several different sound systems in these cars and each one of them takes special requirements when doing modifications: The head unit is part of the car's content theft, TheftLock and serial data systems. Do something wrong and you have electrical problems, chime loss, steering wheel button problems and - worst case - a car that will not start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts