Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a Manual tranny V last nite. I noticed a definite click-click feeling and sound in the clutch pedal at the far end of the pedal travel. I don't remember if this was only when car was parked or still exisited after i started driving it. For you guys who have the manual, do you hear or feel this in yours? Is it normal, and if so, does it bother any of you? It certainly was a significant clicking, a double click when pressing all the way down.

This car only had about 300 miles and it ALSO had the front wheel low speed turning ticking/knock sound/feel that has been discussed on this board. Is there still no permanant fix for this problem? For those of you who have this problem, is it significant or will i get used to it?

Does anyone know if Caddy officially improved the exhaust regarding the 65-70 mph low rpm light/constant acceleration drone issue?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
366 Posts
Hey Copper,

No my car does not have a click when you press the clutch but it definitly has like a second click when going into second gear. Maybe just a tad in third but 4th 5th and 6th are like butter. Anyone else have this problem?
I am not sue what the droan sound is. I have heard people talk about it but i do not know what that means or sounds like. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Almost 2K miles now - and no clicking of any kind from the clutch or the front wheels. I've not noticed any droning from the exhaust at any speed that I've driven. You might try to find another manual v2 to test drive, but I can tell you that those noises are NOT normal in my copy ...

Good luck!

Rob

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
nope no clicking. Find another manual to look at/ purchase. Don't believe the dealer that they'll fix it after you buy it. That is unless they fix it before you test drive it /possibly purchase

·
Registered
None
10 Posts
Almost 2K miles now - and no clicking of any kind from the clutch or the front wheels. I've not noticed any droning from the exhaust at any speed that I've driven. You might try to find another manual v2 to test drive, but I can tell you that those noises are NOT normal in my copy ...

Good luck!

Rob
Would you mind taking me for a ride in your car? I can not find a 6speed anywhere in the NW!

Where did you buys yours?

Sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
I test drove a Manual tranny V last nite. I noticed a definite click-click feeling and sound in the clutch pedal at the far end of the pedal travel. I don't remember if this was only when car was parked or still exisited after i started driving it. For you guys who have the manual, do you hear or feel this in yours? Is it normal, and if so, does it bother any of you? It certainly was a significant clicking, a double click when pressing all the way down.
That "clicking" is not normal. However, the ring at the top of the shifter boot may stick or bind on the shaft occasionally, while shifting, producing a little noise. I had the same experience in my 2005 CTS-V.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
I know at a few hundred miles the shifter was still "sticky" because it wasn't broken in but the clutch was always noiseless from day one

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
299 Posts
My clutch pedal makes the occasional clicking (spring-like) noise (near top & bottom of travel). It didn't do that when new (3200 miles now). Dealer said "clutch pedal operating normally".

If it gets worse and/or next time I have it in I'll complain about it again.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
Would you mind taking me for a ride in your car? I can not find a 6speed anywhere in the NW!

Where did you buys yours?

Sorry for the hijack.
Sure - where are you located?

I ordered my v2 through Doug's NW Cadillac/Hummer only because they were a Costco dealer at the time, but I was very unimpressed with their sales dept. and attitude. I've seen some v2's on display at Brotherton's in Renton, (where I get my service done). I don't know if any are manual tranny equipped however. If I were to do it again, I'd order/buy through Scott or Tony here on this forum and have the car shipped to me locally. They have always offered the best deals available IMO.

Rob

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
Seven weeks, 1200 miles and no clutch noises or wheel clicks. No droan, either. No reports of a droan in a long time, just from one person very early on. The car is very quiet, maybe too quiet. Wouldn't mind a louder exhaust, may do aftermarket. No reports of droans with those, either.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (MG9)
280 Posts
No clicking sounds or rattles or drones or squeeks anywhere in mine with ~ 2000 miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts