Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Viper alarm system installed in my 02 Lade, everything seems to work the way it should except when I hit the button to disarm and unlock the doors the headlights and puddle lights do not come on as it did when I was using the factory remote and alarm system. I was just wondering if this feauture still worked on others with aftermarket alarms, don't know if I should go back to the shop that did the install or this is how it has to be.
I'm not so worried about myself but if my girl is driving it and it's sitting in a dark parking lot I'd like for those lights to come on when she hits the button!

·
Registered
2018 CTS
1,313 Posts
Dad's does the same (Compustar) , I just disabled the aftermarket one and put the stock one back up. Dad just wanted a auto-start in the winter, and I just put a full alarm in. Go back to the shop to see what they can do for you.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
62 Posts
I just had a Viper alarm system installed in my 02 Lade, everything seems to work the way it should except when I hit the button to disarm and unlock the doors the headlights and puddle lights do not come on as it did when I was using the factory remote and alarm system. I was just wondering if this feauture still worked on others with aftermarket alarms, don't know if I should go back to the shop that did the install or this is how it has to be.
I'm not so worried about myself but if my girl is driving it and it's sitting in a dark parking lot I'd like for those lights to come on when she hits the button!
Bring it back to the shop. My Viper 5900 lights up when arming and disarming.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT
2,090 Posts
I have an 06 and all my lights come on when i arm/disarm.. I have the Viper 791xv i think.. whatever the top model is..

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
62 Posts
You can also have it hooked up to the horn. Then you will have the siren and horn blasting. It's quite annoying :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems you have an older bypass module installed. The newer ones had this feature added. This only applies to a 'Directed' brand module, which is viper's parent company. Hard to say exactly w/o knowing what was installed, but this is the common issue. Quite a few shops didn't use this new module due to bugs w/ the early versions, but everything should be fine now.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Platinum
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have the same alarm system I just got CaddyKidd, 791xv. I'm going to bring it back this weekend and see if they can correct this. Let me ask you another question about the system, how is your range? Viper boasts 1/4 mile range but yesterday I was walking through the parking lot at work at kept hitting thr button to remote start and it finally started when I was less than 50 feet away!! Thats pretty crappy range if you ask me.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
62 Posts
You have the same alarm system I just got CaddyKidd, 791xv. I'm going to bring it back this weekend and see if they can correct this. Let me ask you another question about the system, how is your range? Viper boasts 1/4 mile range but yesterday I was walking through the parking lot at work at kept hitting thr button to remote start and it finally started when I was less than 50 feet away!! Thats pretty crappy range if you ask me.
Mine does the same for autostart. It's probably the norm for this feature because they don't want you to accidently start your vehicle from that distance. The signal for transmitting breakins is for 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The ranges advertised are best case scenario in an open field. Certain areas have more interference than others. it also depends how the antenna wire was ran. Most installers are lazy and coil up all excess wire, instead of spreading it out. This will kill your range.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
actually i am wrong.. im so used to just hitting the remote start.. not unlock.. when i hit remote start the lights interior and headlights come on however if i just hit the unlock/lock the parking lights(amber) and taillights flash.. however i have to check as i might have it disabled on the factory console.. not sure.. never really noticed..

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
and to add to the above i am actually pretty pissed about this.. I just purchased LED lights all around.. interior, license plate, mirrors, and the bed.. and not i find out that the mirror lights dont even come on.. the only way to get them to turn on is if i remote start the car and then remote shut down the car.. that blows.. im def gonna bring it in.. well i have to anyway to have the thing reprogrammed.. maybe i can see if they can get the dam lights to come on under the mirrors.. the headlights i could careless about but i would like it if the mirror lights came on..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts