Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my windows tinted a while ago... The other night was the first time i had driven my car at night.. I noticed that the cars behind me with the headlights on were causing multiple headlight images to be echoing up and down my rear window. So.. for every two headlights behind me, i had a multiple coppies of that image going up and down my rear windshield.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
His n' hers '06 V's
51 Posts
I've never seen the issue you've described with my tint. If anything, at night, the tint cuts down the glare from headlights and gives me better visibility to the rear in traffic.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Mine are pretty dark...never had the above mentioned issue. I usually roll my front windows down at night...shouldn't have gone so dark up front.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Maybe i'll try cleaning the inside and outside of the rear window really good and see what happens from there.
That sucks...good luck

·
Registered
1998 Catera
474 Posts
"Night Time Defogger Distortion
At night you may notice that the light from headlights will reflect off of the defogger lines. This is caused by the film having to bend slightly around the raised defogger line, it varies from car to car, and there is nothing that can be done about it. "
http://www.tintdude.com/care.html

V

·
0 Posts
Maybe i'll try cleaning the inside and outside of the rear window really good and see what happens from there.
Speaking of cleaning...what is recommended. Any ammonia based products?

Thanks,
Norm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts