Thanks so much for posting this. What software does everyone use to accomplish this?Redline CTS-V said:FYI -- Here's the procedure...
CKP System Variation Learn Procedure
1. Install a scan tool.
2. Monitor the powertrain control module (PCM) for DTCs with a scan tool. If other DTCs are set, except DTC P0315, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information for the applicable DTC that set.
3. Select the crankshaft position (CKP) variation learn procedure with a scan tool.
4. The scan tool instructs you to perform the following:
-- A. Accelerate to wide open throttle (WOT).
-- B. Release throttle when fuel cut-off occurs.
-- C. Observe fuel cut-off for applicable engine.
-- D. Engine should not accelerate beyond calibrated RPM value.
-- E. Release throttle immediately if value is exceeded.
-- F. Block drive wheels.
-- G. Set parking brake.
-- H. DO NOT apply brake pedal.
-- I. Cycle ignition from OFF to ON.
-- J. Apply and hold brake pedal.
-- K. Start and idle engine.
-- L. Turn A/C OFF.
-- M. Vehicle must remain in Park or Neutral.
-- N. The scan tool monitors certain component signals to determine if all the conditions are met to continue with the procedure. The scan tool only displays the condition that inhibits the procedure. The scan tool monitors the following components:
• Crankshaft position (CKP) sensors activity--If there is a CKP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC that set.
• Camshaft position (CMP) sensor activity--If there is a CMP sensor condition, refer to the applicable DTC that set.
• Engine coolant temperature (ECT)--If the ECT is not warm enough, idle the engine until the engine coolant temperature reaches the correct temperature.
5. Enable the CKP system variation learn procedure with a scan tool.
Important: While the learn procedure is in progress, release the throttle immediately when the engine starts to decelerate. The engine control is returned to the operator and the engine responds to throttle position after the learn procedure is complete.
6. Accelerate to WOT.
7. Release throttle when fuel cut-off occurs.
8. The scan tool displays Test In Progress.
9. The scan tool displays Learn Status: Learned this ignition. If the scan tool indicates that DTC P0315 ran and passed, the CKP variation learn procedure is complete. If the scan tool indicates DTC P0315 failed or did not run, refer to DTC P0315 . If any other DTCs set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information for the applicable DTC that set.
10. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds after the learn procedure is completed successfully.
11. The CKP system variation learn procedure is also required when the following service procedures have been performed, regardless of whether DTC P0315 is set:
- An engine replacement
- A PCM replacement
- A harmonic balancer replacement
- A crankshaft replacement
- A CKP sensor replacement
- Any engine repairs which disturb the crankshaft to CKP sensor relationship
No PCM flash is required... Gotta love having to run it at WOT unloaded though...
You and me both that is why I am buying another PCM and going to find out what software to use to reset the position sensor.JBeechel said:Basically, what I'm worried about is the dealer flashing my brand new Stealth-V tuned PCM for shits and giggles.
If you pull the PCM & reflash with anything it looses the Crank position. You have to get the dealer to give it the Tech 2 treatment/proceedure above.CadV said:You and me both that is why I am buying another PCM and going to find out what software to use to reset the position sensor.