Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I am having anti hop bushings and a new nav unit put in. The new nav unit will require programing with a Tech II. Can they do this without phucking up my tune?
 

·
Registered
CTS-V
Joined
·
874 Posts
I had my nav replaced last week and no change to the tune (StealthV tune)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
I am supposed to get my radio replaced, and they said they would have to relfash my pcm - I told them I would deal with the radio. I was wondering why they would have to touch the pcm for that.
 

·
Registered
2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer
Joined
·
4,860 Posts
ylwjacket said:
I am supposed to get my radio replaced, and they said they would have to relfash my pcm - I told them I would deal with the radio. I was wondering why they would have to touch the pcm for that.
Your PCM was running the old version of the engine diagnostics software and was missing the VIN. Both of those were updated went you sent the PCM here. According to GM's records, your V still needs them fixed and that's most likely why the dealer wants to flash it. If they do flash it, you know where to send it again... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
StealthV said:
Your PCM was running the old version of the engine diagnostics software and was missing the VIN. Both of those were updated went you sent the PCM here. According to GM's records, your V still needs them fixed and that's most likely why the dealer wants to flash it. If they do flash it, you know where to send it again... :)
I won't let them do it.:tisk:

They said it was req'd after replacing the radio. I couldn't figure that one out.
 

·
Registered
05 CTS-V
Joined
·
23,162 Posts
slow35th said:
That's where it is going.
worse case is you need it flashed again...*wink*

now let me ask you dude...any desire to help me swap headers? i'll buy the beer...i'll bet you have better shop supplies than me. deal? maybe we can tie the header swap to the Houston meet? I know the shop that did them the first time will cost $150. Are they just such a PITA that it's worth 150 to let them do it?
:)

__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
urbanski said:
worse case is you need it flashed again...*wink*

now let me ask you dude...any desire to help me swap headers? i'll buy the beer...i'll bet you have better shop supplies than me. deal? maybe we can tie the header swap to the Houston meet? I know the shop that did them the first time will cost $150. Are they just such a PITA that it's worth 150 to let them do it?
:)
Yeah that would be fine with me. I don't mind helping with that, especially since you'd be doin' the heavy lifting. :lildevil: The only issue on the header swap that you need to consider is that doing it from a lift is a lot easier than from jack stands while laying on your back. I'm sure we could get it done though if you want to give it a shot. I'd suggest you get some nice ARP studs to make the swap easier.

And on the flash, I always new that was my alternative.:shhh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
urbanski said:
yeah thanks man...i'll think about it. honestly thinking of just doing it myself.
I ordered the ARP stainless studs and Percy's gaskets just now :)
Let me know what you decide. I'll fire up the pit.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top