Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here loves the little mini garbage can on the passenger side on the older Cadillacs? I do. lol. It really comes in handy. No more loose gum wrappers flying all over the place. It's sometimes hard to aim for from the other side of the car...but it makes a good game. Very easy to remove, empty, then replace. Newer Cadillacs don't have the handy garbage can. hahahaha!!!

Who's with me on the garbage can being great?

:duck: :bigroll:

(sorry...I'm bored in study hall...lol)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Yeah, it's handy sometimes if you can get stuff into it from the drivers seat! lol
What I'm not as happy about is the fact that there is no center consol storage units so I got a cheezy (It's not that bad but it's black and my interior is tan. Couldn't find one to match) plastic one that works pretty good. I have it in front of the seats, it has a storage compartment, two adjustable cup holders and another garbage container on the side that I use for stowing stuff.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
What do you mean by older/newer? My '99 STS has a trash receptacle on the passenger kickpanel. It slides out easily for emptying.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
I have that little plastic trash can!

If only I had real cupholders...All I have are those little indents on the back of the glove box lid, so when you open the glovebox you can put a drink on the door...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Newer ones had them too? I'll have too look for that at work (valet). My '89 DeVille has one, and the '86 Fleetwood I was gonna buy had one. When my girlfriend first saw it she's like...is that a garbage can? That's awesome!! I laughed. lol.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
yeah all my friends like the one in my '92

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
My 1993 60-Special has it. I seem to recall, that like so many other items, that 1993 was the last year for that, (along with chrome bumpers & vinyl tops on FWD models, and for Opera lights, and for Fender Skirts and and and......)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably the newer ones had it as some weird like 20 dollar dealer option. haha. You can have it if you wanted it. I don't know. I'll look at newer Cadillacs tonight at work and keep y'all posted.

:cool2:

I remember when I was looking at buying this goofy older car by me. It was a '64 (or something) Mercury. I don't remember what kind it was. I was researching them one day and found an old brochure online. I remember seeing a little garbage can for like a 6 dollar option and I almost shit. lol. So convenient.

:worship:

I actually cannot believe noone commented as to how useless this post is.

:hmm: :p

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
It served a purpose! We schooled him on how the new Cadillacs also have garbage cans! That's Cadillac history and trivia!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
caddydaddy said:
It served a purpose! We schooled him on how the new Cadillacs also have garbage cans! That's Cadillac history and trivia!
This is very true. It shows up how much all of our cars really varied throughout the years. lol. I got 3 Cadillacs today. Late '90's Eldorado, no. '02 style STS Seville, no. '02 style DeVille, no. I'm at a loss. lol.

:nono:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
my 90 brougham has it. i havent drivn the car much to throw trash in it. Seems cool. i thought it was to just put shit in, but when i read the manual those trickey little bastards over at Cadillac surprised me. lol.

i think one in the middle would be best

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
I just use mine to dump stuff in too. Right now it has a tire gage thing and a new air freshner in a wrapper in it. If I have loose tools in the car like a screwdriver sometimes I put that in there too so it isn't rolling all over the place. Pretty much the only thing I leave in the car all the time is a map. I don't keep garbage in the car.

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
I love it in the '76! It is handy and just plain cool.

I wish it was RWD so that it would be RWD and so that I could have a console and cupholders.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
EcSTSatic said:
What do you mean by older/newer? My '99 STS has a trash receptacle on the passenger kickpanel. It slides out easily for emptying.
If you wouldn't mind, could you take a photo or two, and post it in this thread, of the garbage can? My '02 SLS does not have one, and I would like to see how it looks, so I can determine if I want to install one. Thanks

Don

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
With you working for Caddy, it should be easy for you to get. No? Do a little research with the parts dept, and see if you can get some part numbers. I lookes through the '02 Seville sales brochure, and a trash can is not mentioned anywhere. I really would love to see a pic or two, to see what it looks like. I have checked out Ebay, and cannot find any cars with this option.

Don

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
boy do i feel stupid , ill get right on it monday and let yall know whats up ...jeez , i keep forgetting ive got this killer resource 15 feet away from where i am at work ....

stay tuned ....the trash can is coming soon ...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
cruella89deville