Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
04 cts v
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on your web site and noticed you sell titanium retainers for the LS6 , do these fit the stock bee hive spring? and if so How much lighter vs. stock?

·
Registered
04 cts v
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are the weights for the stock intake valve vs. your hollow intake valve 2.00 not the 2.100> I want to stay with a stock head and lighten everything up to gain about 600 rpm.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
600rpm...that would be quite nice. I shudder at the thought of the sound...even a 7Krpm wail would be intoxicating...I'm already chubbied...
-ace

·
Registered
131 Posts
Katech said:
The titanium retainers for the stock LS6 spring are KAT-3069-R2 and are $10.33 each.

KAT-3069-R2: 5.0g
stock retainer: 11.5g
That is a good deal, the Ti valve retainers for my audi race car were 4 times that price and most seem to be about $20 each.

While a nice thing to add, I have always added stiffer springs along with Ti retainers AND hardened hardware for the bearing caps to gain more revs in other cars.

Do the Ti retainers alone really prevent issues in the LS6?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Blacksport350 said:
That is a good deal, the Ti valve retainers for my audi race car were 4 times that price and most seem to be about $20 each.

While a nice thing to add, I have always added stiffer springs along with Ti retainers AND hardened hardware for the bearing caps to gain more revs in other cars.

Do the Ti retainers alone really prevent issues in the LS6?
We have found the LS6 springs work well with lightweight valves. Prevent issues? Not particularly, but just a good insurance policy when revving to 7000rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts