Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires rub a bit when the wheel is turned at 9 and 3 o'clock. I don't really want to cut the fenders, however, I have heard the best way is to heat them up and bend them. Question is, what should I heat the plastics up with? Anyone have any input or techniques that work best?

·
Registered
07' White Diamond EXT
475 Posts
My tires rub a bit when the wheel is turned at 9 and 3 o'clock. I don't really want to cut the fenders, however, I have heard the best way is to heat them up and bend them. Question is, what should I heat the plastics up with? Anyone have any input or techniques that work best?
i would say heat gun is your best source for directed heat

·
Registered
02 Escalade/ 04 Escalade EXT
1,401 Posts
Yeah, heat gun will probably work best. However, you can always poke two small holes with a drill bit, and use the zip tie method and pull it back as far as it'll go. Those holes are so small, people wont even notice it.

·
Registered
N/A
1,103 Posts
how do u do the zip tie method
Well what I've always done is take off the front wheels to give you working room. Then you need to look behind the fender well covers to see where you can drill through that might be best for your particular situation. Once you have figured that out you can proceed to drill a few small holes in the fender well cover. After you''ve drilled the holes simply slide through (from the inside) the wire tie and pull tight as possible to pull the fender cover in.

**Note you most likely will need a few large wire ties on each side to complete the loop of wire ties.

·
Registered
Cadillac
139 Posts
Heat really wont work and theres no place to zip tie to. The best way is to cut in selected locations. My rear rubs but its getting less and less every day. I just deal with it. Big wheels are going to rub.

·
Registered
Cadillac
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm thanks guys for the help. never heard of the zip tie method, but it does make sense and it only needs to go a cm... i think i'll have my weekend planned out for me!:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts