Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to figure out why the led directional in my pass side mirror stopped working, please look at the pic. What do the symbols circled in red represent ?

thanks

Attachments

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,864 Posts
Trying to figure out why the led directional in my pass side mirror stopped working, please look at the pic. What do the symbols circled in red represent ?

thanks
=================
the symbols circled in red represent the actual LED turn signal arrows built into the mirrors -

IF the front and rear turn signal lights function normally -
there are basically TWO reasons for the arrows in the mirrors to stop working -
1) the LED's are burned out -
2) the wiring harness/plugs on the back of the mirror are broken/corroded -

·
2004 Deville
2004 Deville, Silver, Gone, but not forgotten, 1972 Eldorado, 1974 eldorado, 1975 CDV
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've already tried another mirror, that one didn't work either, pita to change btw. The directionals on that side all work fine, since that mirror gets its power from the flasher circuit it has to be a wiring issue but I don't know where the splice is. In the diagram it looks like part of the fuse block harness, but I couldn't see it.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
18,864 Posts
tracing the wiring harness FROM the mirror glass BACK -
it goes into the door - and connects to the door module -

·
2004 Deville
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tracing the wiring harness FROM the mirror glass BACK -
it goes into the door - and connects to the door module -
Got it working, The leds in the mirror do not go through the door module, they go directly to the door harness connector under the dash. That's where I found the 12v supply wire was broken, I spliced in a new wire and it is working again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts